What have I done to my '07 WR450?

2 replies to this topic
  • cardoc

Posted November 28, 2011 - 06:43 AM

I got back from a long muddy ride and had a few things to do to my trusty '07 WR450. So I took the tank and seat off and was cleaning things up. I gave the motor a good washing down and also cleaned out the air box, under tank and under the seat. (No, I didn't blast the wiring under the seat with a high pressure steam cleaner, but I gave it a pretty good wash down). So after I got it all together, I went to start it up, I pressed the ignition button and the display on the odo lit up for about 1 second then went blank. Now - nothing. No power anywhere. I tried to jump it (and checked the battery connections), nothing. This was at 10:30 last night so I didn't have any time to dig in any further but I figured I'd throw it out here. Is there a main power fuse or fuse link that I could have burned out with the water? What do you think?
Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Snarfie

Posted November 28, 2011 - 08:41 AM

I. Is there a main power fuse or fuse link that I could have burned out with the water? What do you think?
Thanks.

Yes, there is. Its under the seat, above the battery. Odds are you got something up in there wet enough for it to short out.

If I have to wash the electrical connection areas, I never try to start it up right afterwards. I give it a heavy blow dry with a leaf blower, and let it sit for 20-30 mins. Usually that gives it enough time for any water to get outta the way.

• cardoc

Posted November 28, 2011 - 09:48 AM

Sounds good. Thanks. I'll check that first.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.