Traction Control via GET Athena ECU

44 replies to this topic
  • ellisde

Posted December 13, 2011 - 12:00 AM

I can really recommend the gytr-tuner in this case. There is a map called "hard packed" that makes the power more suited for your track.

sorry the gytr tuner is s..t!!!!! it does not really change things.

the get ignition with the gap is all u need,no aftermarket exhaust,no hot cams and all the bling ,bling stuff.

the ignition comes with 2 maps done by get,one soft and one hard one!

the gap is so simple :0 = it does not worke ( that means when u get wheelspin it spins) 10 = it works full on the ignition ( 10 is not anymore to drive)
i do use it on slippery tracks with 4-5 and on perfect tracks 1-3 depends on how many corners it has

the get ignition it selfs makes about 3 hp more than stock

• ellisde

Posted December 13, 2011 - 02:57 AM

i just spoke to my shop owner where i get my hole GET equipment from,he has one lightly
used GET ignition with the map on which i have too. the ignition with the acr motosport map is 399 € . in the moment the dollar / euro is good for you.
just go ahead an contact him ,he will understand english :bonk:

http://www.acr-motorsport.de/

• HRC

Posted December 13, 2011 - 05:20 AM

sorry the gytr tuner is s..t!!!!! it does not really change things.

I'm sure the GET system is hundred times better than gytr tuner, but also hundred times more expansive.

Gytr tuner is easy to use, rather affordable and sure changes the caracter of the motor !

To call it s**t and doesn't change a thing seems "going a little too far" huh ?:bonk:

• tech24

Posted December 13, 2011 - 06:37 AM

I'm sure the GET system is hundred times better than gytr tuner, but also hundred times more expansive.

Gytr tuner is easy to use, rather affordable and sure changes the caracter of the motor !

To call it s**t and doesn't change a thing seems "going a little too far" huh ?:bonk:

+1 its a fine tool. It may lack a little in the fuel department but as far as ignition mapping is just fine.

• ellisde

Posted December 13, 2011 - 03:05 PM

its just a playing tool -it can't be seriously .
u can't make a decision if u haven't used both! for example ,when i first started the bike with the get ignition ,i had big probs with the engine.sometimes it run,but when i got o the track it broke done...after 1000 times testing chaining the ignition from stock to get and back, using the gytr tuner to look for a fault ...the mistake was: a incorrect tps sensor ,it run perfect with the stock ignition ( i think the tps was broken when i go the bike new),the gytr tuner said everything is all right .but as the get was installed it dint run.the get ignition is so sensitive. to be honest, before i spend 800$ on exhaust i would go for the GET,it makes the yz really useful and gives u some extra ponys ! its with the get ignition a total new bike, nothing to do with the stock one. these days the first step to perform an engine ( bike ,car or truck) is to optimize the ECU.

i run A merceds sprinter 318 , it has stock 185ps and take about 12-16 l per 100km.the engine is a v6 turbo diesel with is although in he MB s klasse R-Modell,G-Modell in a lll this models it has more than 225ps.

i got the sprinter to an car tuner and got the ECU optimize , now i do have 220 ps ca 550nm and it runs faster and takes only 10,5-14l !!!!

• grayracer513

Posted December 13, 2011 - 03:51 PM

That there are programmers that are more sophisticated than the GYT-R Power Tuner is not in question, and neither is the fact that the Power Tuner is limited in its capabilities relative to other more expensive solutions, but to call it a toy is really rather seriously going overboard.

It can be used to significantly alter the power curve of the bike from stock to suit a wide range of conditions, and has already proven itself very useful to many owners. For the money, it's far more suitable to the needs of the average user than anything more expensive.

• ellisde

Posted December 14, 2011 - 12:21 AM

einen wunderschönen guten morgen Herr grayracer! ( us again !)

a first ,all the GET things are expensive, no question.

all i want is to share my lessons learned ! if u belief or not,i do not care.but if u spend money,and all motocrosser i know ending with spending money on there bike, u should spend it right!

and all people who got a ride on my yz could not be leave it how easy ,safety me bike is running and that with 65hp. thats not because I'm a good mechanic ,that because i took the right things and put them together . and i asked people with the know how.

the gytr tuner changes so less,it not worth the money.the character of the stock yz 450 can't be changed. low much power in the middle nothing at the end power...

have a look at my post with the broken 2end gear,i got told violent shifted and so on.now for 2012 yamaha fixed the prob and change the gearbox!( all engines around my area ,who got opened for a full service got the same prob,some are broken some are nearly before)

• tech24

Posted December 14, 2011 - 05:33 AM

Hmmm I wonder how a certain professional engine builder is capable of getting correct a/f ratio on highly modified engines with said "toy"???????

• grayracer513

Posted December 14, 2011 - 08:25 AM

einen wunderschönen guten morgen Herr grayracer!

all i want is to share my lessons learned ! if u belief or not,i do not care.but if u spend money,and all motocrosser i know ending with spending money on there bike, u should spend it right!

Und guten Morgen auch für Sie

I understand your position. The GET is a superior solution in so far as its capabilities for creating customized maps that can be adjusted to a finer degree (at more than 3 RPM and throttle opening points). I also understand the claim that it can ultimately extract more power from the engine than the Power Tuner can, but at $700 USD for the basic unit, it's out of reach for a lot of people. Add the $300+ for the RF configuration tool and or the Power Assist firmware upgrades, and it's over $1K. Most racers can honestly accomplish 80% of what they can do with the GET by installing a decent slip-on to free up the top end power and trimming things to suit with the Power Tuner, all for less than half the price, if they shop smart. And the truth is that most would be better advised to spend money on suspension tuning anyway, as the engine is a fairly small part of what makes a winner in MX.

(My) bike is running ... with 65hp.

I apologize if you feel slighted by this, but I have to say that this is a very dubious claim, given the difficulty that top SM and flat track tuners have in building 450cc engines that produce more than 60 hp and the amount of work that goes into them.

the gytr tuner changes so less,it not worth the money.the character of the stock yz 450 can't be changed.

You feel that the GYT-R tuner doesn't do enough to suit you. That's your opinion, and that's fine. But the statement that you can't change the character of the stock engine with it is just not true. Look at the comments following the different mappings listed in the sticky by people who have used them. The tuner also offers the ability to remap the engine at the track, and can perform several basic diagnostic procedures. Pretty good deal for the price. The basic GET unit can only be reprogrammed while connected to a computer with Internet access.

Again, understand that I don't dispute the ultimate superiority of the GET setup. It's better in many ways, no doubt. My point is that the GYT-R Power Tuner offers enough capability to make it worth its price, and given what it can do and how much it costs, it would be a far better value to me personally than the GET is. That may not be true for everyone, but the Power Tuner is certainly a worthwhile tool, and definitely not a toy.

• HRC

Posted December 14, 2011 - 01:42 PM

Und guten Morgen auch für Sie

I understand your position. The GET is a superior solution in so far as its capabilities for creating customized maps that can be adjusted to a finer degree (at more than 3 RPM and throttle opening points). I also understand the claim that it can ultimately extract more power from the engine than the Power Tuner can, but at $700 USD for the basic unit, it's out of reach for a lot of people. Add the $300+ for the RF configuration tool and or the Power Assist firmware upgrades, and it's over $1K. Most racers can honestly accomplish 80% of what they can do with the GET by installing a decent slip-on to free up the top end power and trimming things to suit with the Power Tuner, all for less than half the price, if they shop smart. And the truth is that most would be better advised to spend money on suspension tuning anyway, as the engine is a fairly small part of what makes a winner in MX.

I apologize if you feel slighted by this, but I have to say that this is a very dubious claim, given the difficulty that top SM and flat track tuners have in building 450cc engines that produce more than 60 hp and the amount of work that goes into them.

You feel that the GYT-R tuner doesn't do enough to suit you. That's your opinion, and that's fine. But the statement that you can't change the character of the stock engine with it is just not true. Look at the comments following the different mappings listed in the sticky by people who have used them. The tuner also offers the ability to remap the engine at the track, and can perform several basic diagnostic procedures. Pretty good deal for the price. The basic GET unit can only be reprogrammed while connected to a computer with Internet access.

Again, understand that I don't dispute the ultimate superiority of the GET setup. It's better in many ways, no doubt. My point is that the GYT-R Power Tuner offers enough capability to make it worth its price, and given what it can do and how much it costs, it would be a far better value to me personally than the GET is. That may not be true for everyone, but the Power Tuner is certainly a worthwhile tool, and definitely not a toy.

Well said ! And if you feel that you want to spend money on something useful ...spend it on the suspension. The motor has enough power as it comes out of the showroom floor for most of us in here atleast. Everything else is infact pretty much unnecessary to be completely honest. ( And this comes from a guy who spend alot on unnecessary stuff :bonk: )

Edited by HRC, December 14, 2011 - 01:44 PM.
Wrong spell

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sniperpat469

Posted December 15, 2011 - 10:12 AM

GET also offers a less expensive version of the FI ECU will hold only one map at a time
pre-programmed and the ability to down load different maps from the GET web site.
489.00 is the retail price for this FI ECU.

you can also add the GPA switch to this FI ECU for an additional 189.00
The GPA is the 0-10 dial switch that can anticipate the rate of change on the TPS or how quick the throttle opens, Based on that information the dial 0-10 can mellow out the hit or initial torque . No wheel spin or little wheel spin.

Once you are past that initial quick throttle opening all power is then applied to the ground. Procircuit and www.blackopsmoto.com are the distributors

• fraser

Posted December 16, 2011 - 12:03 AM

that's the one I have . In the UK at least it's called the GET Power and comes with the 10 Pos switch included.

• HRC

Posted December 16, 2011 - 03:50 AM

that's the one I have . In the UK at least it's called the GET Power and comes with the 10 Pos switch included.

How much did you pay for it in UK ?

• fraser

Posted December 16, 2011 - 05:49 AM

£475- motocross stuff is normally about the same price in US$

• ellisde

Posted December 17, 2011 - 09:42 AM

@ grayracer
to my engine : everything a normal human can by for it ,is in the engine starts with the complete gytr and ends with the hole GET equipment . maybe if got only 60ps / never been on a dyno to get more into ,i must send it to a top pro like cross worth and that will cost to much money.

im not a 20 years old kid who don't know what he is talking about .i do my learning lessen by buying thinks and testing them,if they are good i keep them if not ill sell them.

the gytr tuner makes most the time a placebo effect ,u change thinks and than u believe them because u changed them by a computer :bonk: like i said the gytr tuner said my tps sensor was in order ,because i believed it, it took me 2 weeks of searching the mistake some where else ! if i would have followed my instinct , i would have found the mistake earlier ...

back to topic : GET ignition with GPA is worth the money ,better an yz 2010 ready set up than a stock new 2012 ,that my point ..

• ellisde

Posted December 19, 2011 - 09:41 AM

..in motocross action mag is a report about traction control-have a look ,and all question about sense will be asked

• jaro51

Posted December 23, 2011 - 06:54 AM

Any more rider feedback on the GET unit? How different are the 2 maps it comes with? Is it easy to load new maps? Is there even any need to have multiple maps if you're running the GPA traction control system? Will this fix the lurching just off idle? Does it make the power curve more linear and mellow out the bottom end hit and put more power up top? Are there any other advantages of getting the EVO model over the power model besides the ability to hook up a tuner the evo and tune maps on the spot? Can a map that was created and modified on an EVO model with a tuner be loaded onto a Power ignition unit or do you have to download the maps for the Power model direct from GET?

I've never used one obviously but I think this is an area for huge improvement over the stock ignitions on MX bikes. Electronics and traction control have revolutionized MotoGP and WSB racing the last few years and will do the same to MX racing in the years to come.

Thanks!

• ellisde

Posted December 24, 2011 - 10:18 AM

[QUOTE How different are the 2 maps it comes with?SOFT AND HARD Is it easy to load new maps?IS NOT POSSIBEL,U NEED A PERSON WHO PROGRAMMS TOTAL NEW Is there even any need to have multiple maps if you're running the GPA traction control system?GPA IS ON OR OFF,NOTHING TO DO WITH DIFF MAPS Will this fix the lurching just off idle? Does it make the power curve more linear and mellow out the bottom end hit and put more power up top?YES,LIKE I SAID,TOTAL NEW ENGINE LINE, ABOUT 2-4 HP MORE OVERALL Are there any other advantages of getting the EVO model over the power model besides the ability to hook up a tuner the evo and tune maps on the spot? Can a map that was created and modified on an EVO model with a tuner be loaded onto a Power ignition unit or do you have to download the maps for the Power model direct from GET?? THE MAPS CAN BE CHANGE WITH THE GET TOOL LIKE THE GYTR TUNER,BUT NOT BE PROGRAMMT-TO CREAT NEW MAPS U NEED THE GET SOFTWARE ,SOFAR I KNOW ITS ABUT 2500€

I've never used one obviously but I think this is an area for huge improvement over the stock ignitions on MX bikes. Electronics and traction control have revolutionized MotoGP and WSB racing the last few years and will do the same to MX racing in the years to come. MY WORDS AND EXPERIENCE

Thanks![/QUOTE]

• fraser

Posted December 24, 2011 - 03:21 PM

well we have horrible weather , plus it's Christmas. I hope the map that. olds with the get power is good enough and the 10 pos. gpa switch will be a
massive advantage When I've tried it I'll let you know. But Rinaldi team use it , must be good (hopefully)

• MaxPower

Posted February 13, 2012 - 07:01 AM

saw these on ebay now and advertised on Sat night SX
Is anyone gotten this since this post was started a few months ago?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.