01 or 02 YZ426F?

2 replies to this topic
  • jay2487

Posted November 23, 2011 - 06:44 AM

Hey all, I'm new here, I searched and saw similar posts but couldn't find one that truly answered my question, so here goes;

I have a YZ426F, it has the red hot start button so I think that means it can't be an 00? How do I tell if it's an 01 or 02? I know the serial number should tell me but can't find a key telling me how to figure it out anywhere. What else will tell me which year it is? Thanks for any help

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 23, 2011 - 08:03 AM

As far as I know, they all had red hot start knobs to differentiate them from the choke. The YZ400F had a hot start plumbed outside the carb, the 426 had a knob on the side of the carb, and all 450's through '09 have handlebar levers.

The tenth character of the VIN number is the year model: "Y" is a 2000, "1" a 2001, "2" a 2002.

• jay2487

Posted November 24, 2011 - 08:14 AM

Thanks!!! That's exactly what I needed to know. It's an 02 :lol:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.