CR Brake Routing?

1 reply to this topic
  • dgrimmy

Posted April 17, 2001 - 02:27 PM

In one of the magazine reviewing the WR 250/426 they talk about modifying the bike to CR style brake routing (inside of the fork leg). I've called White Brothers who sell the Fastline brake cable but it is for YZ only and is said to be an inch longer than the WR cable so it won't work. I've gone aftermarket with the top clamp and have Tag CR High bars so it may compensate a bit of the 1" cable length discrepency.

Has anyone had any experience with this on a WR? Is it worth it? Would the YZ cable work given my current clamp/handlebar setup?

Thanks in advance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ben_from_London

Posted April 18, 2001 - 03:32 AM

I think you'll find that the WR front brake line is longer than the YZ because it is routed up and over trip counter then behind the light, the YZ goes straight down infront of No. plate.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.