1 reply to this topic
  • Chris_Slade

Posted July 20, 2001 - 05:09 AM

I have heard multiple references to the "famous" Roger DeCoster picture where he is foot out and burrowing, handlebars almost digging their own furrow. Being 21, I have never seen the greatness of Hanna, DeCoster, and Bailey in a race....and I'd love to see some glimpses of them. I have watched On Any Sunday, On Any Sunday II and On Any Sunday: Revisited. Those guys are the essence of speed. McGrath and Charmichael are smokers too, but in a different way.
Is there a picture out there of DeCosters famous turn? Anyone know how I could view this picture online?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted July 20, 2001 - 07:55 AM

There was a mag called Popular Cycling that sold several MX posters and the imfamous RD pic was one of them, as well as a friend of mine, topping the hill at Carlsbad on his CZ.

The pic is still available, find a Fox catalog and look for the 100% stuff. RD's pic is there or you can come over and I'll show you the pic on the Fox T-Shirt in my closet :)

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.