Is my clutch cover cracked, pic attached

6 replies to this topic
  • KGSloan

Posted November 20, 2011 - 02:55 PM

I recently noticed what looks like A possible crack in my clutch cover. It looks pretty clean too so maybe it's always been there and is part of the casting.

2004 wr450f

Posted Image

THANKS !

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 20, 2011 - 04:25 PM

Don't see what you are referring to.
If it was cracked, it would LEAK OIL.

• MANIAC998

Posted November 20, 2011 - 05:10 PM

That's normal. No crack. Maniac

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JDLowrance

Posted November 20, 2011 - 09:32 PM

Just a casting mold line. Mine is the same as is everyone else's...I would assume.

• Sierra_rider

Posted November 20, 2011 - 09:45 PM

Both of my yzf/wrf 4 strokes had that same casting mark...so no big deal.

• KGSloan

Posted November 21, 2011 - 07:38 AM

good to know. thanks guys.

guess i'm just being paranoid about it, but i pitch it on the ground so often i'm always wondering.

• bg10459

Posted November 21, 2011 - 01:01 PM

I almost crapped myself the first time I saw that line... less than a month after I bought the bike. Imagine how dumb I would have looked if I brought it back to the guy waving my fist in the air and yelling obscenities.... :lol:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.