Aftermarket Fuel Tank

3 replies to this topic
  • cherrypicker7

Posted November 20, 2011 - 08:46 AM

My 05 Fuel tank, has been leaking at the filler hole. I have substituted the fuel cap from my 07 WR250, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference so I am looking to replace the tank with an aftermarket with slightly more capacity. Acerbis, IMS and Clarke all make models for this bike. Some require different shrouds and or seat from a YZ, and of course they differ in price and quality. Some use old hardware while others include it. Just looking for some recommendations. Thanks Ron

• Flagstaff

Posted November 29, 2011 - 07:51 PM

'06WR, IMS 3.1 (I think), happy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GuyGraham

Posted December 01, 2011 - 11:02 AM

08 450 with clarke 14L

no complaints, it uses all the stock bodywork

• cherrypicker7

Posted December 02, 2011 - 08:46 PM

Elected to go with the IMS 3.1 Transparent. They are a bit more expensive, but not much more than just about anything these days. I had a Clark on my XR650L and it was a good tank. If that bike ever needed something it wasn't more weight high up. I've seen reviews some positive other not so good, but I'm tired of getting my crotch soaked with gas, wife doesn't need any more excuses, and think I've eliminated the cap as the culprit. Thanks for all your input. Ron

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.