2000 yz426f wont start but backfires through carb

24 replies to this topic
  • ct44

Posted November 23, 2011 - 06:15 AM

Yes it is the woodruff key. The Tdc marks and actual Tdc don't line up. As of now without the puller I have not seen the key. As in it's not there at all. Wanted to get the puller and see before I said that out loud:/ I also notIced that starter nut was loose enough I broke it Loose with engine cOmpression so that might have been an issue as well. I will update tonight if the puller makes it in. Thanks guys, your help is awesome

• bonehead7101

Posted November 24, 2011 - 10:57 PM

What happens a lot is when peeps are installing the rotor, its not lined up properly and pushes the key out the backside, if that's the case, hopefully it did not tear up the stator or the inside of the rotor. Let us know what you find and post pics.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ct44

Posted November 25, 2011 - 02:48 PM

Got the puller. The woodruff key was stuck to the inside of the rotor. A little plastic was broke on the starter. Only on one corner of one coil. No actual damage to anything other than the plastic. Everything looks like it is in good operation. The old key Is a little miss shappen so I ordered a new one. Looks like gotta wait another week.

• ct44

Posted November 25, 2011 - 03:06 PM

Was taking pictures to post and actually notice a small piece of metal inside the crank. The woodruff key did sheer. When I post pictures online I will add the links. Pictures show crank, starter coil, and one of key.

• ct44

Posted November 25, 2011 - 03:19 PM

[IMG]http://http://m1127.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/ct44/1322262914.jpg.html?o=0[/IMG]

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.