Gday guys, thought id throw in my own review of the 2012 WR450 as i recently had half a days riding on one.
I'll try to make it brief.
Pros (for me) :
1) The engine. I liked it. The fuel injection was a good step forward. Felt strong mid to top, bottom wasnt as pokey as my RMX, but it was not lacking power. Big improvement.
2) Brakes were good. Good feel, not over the bars Brembo
power, but i like a little forgiveness in my brakes, so for me they were nice, and once again, not lacking stopping power.
Cons (for me)
1) Erganomics... The bike was not comfortable for me (5Ft,11) reguarding peg height, bar height and bar positioning at all. And also made seat height feel wrong. This was my biggest issue with the bike, and has a massive impact on my riding.
2) Suspension. Felt like a lounge chair. Which would be good for casual riding, but nothing else.
3) Front end stability. Not sure why it shook and kicked so hard, maybe rake? Im not sure, but not good on the very rocky terrain we were riding.
One good thing is most of what i didnt like could be changed to improve. So if you have your heart set on this bike and are prepared to spend it could end up right for you.
Should also mention all my comparisons come from the 2011 RMX which im currently riding.
Thanks gus, hope ive added a little perspective