SpeedWorld Saturday

8 replies to this topic
  • G-Man

Posted July 19, 2001 - 11:43 AM

Last practice before Washougal for me.
I will be parked by the shade trees.

Hopefully see you there, last week was great!

6am-11:30 Yikes!!!!

#21 01 426

• YZ400Court

Posted July 19, 2001 - 06:36 PM

G
How many bikes show up this time of year??

• RacerX

Posted July 19, 2001 - 06:42 PM

Might try MotoGrande next Thursday night. You will probably be headed north by then though. First ride since Memorial Day for me if we go.

Good luck at Washougal, bet you'll be on a 2 smoke up there - remember, no compression braking!

• G-Man

Posted July 21, 2001 - 03:18 PM

Didn't make it today as I put it off for job training.

I will be there tomorrow @ 6am, if any Zonies are interested. Heard the track today was excellant!

btw they get a decent turnout, but you need to be there early to beat the heat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • G-Man

Posted July 21, 2001 - 03:20 PM

Originally posted by RacerX:
Might try MotoGrande next Thursday night. You will probably be headed north by then though. First ride since Memorial Day for me if we go.

Good luck at Washougal, bet you'll be on a 2 smoke up there - remember, no compression braking!

Thx Paul,

You wouldn't believe, my buddy Josh is driving his big as@ trailer up there and is gonna take my bike!!!!

Can't wait to roost the big beast up the Washougal hill!!!

• RacerX

Posted July 22, 2001 - 06:20 PM

Have fun at Washougal G!

Sounds like you might have found a new gig, good luck...

• G-Man

Posted July 22, 2001 - 08:08 PM

Thx Paul,

I will give you more details about the new job as I learn more about it.

SpeedWorld was good, got there about 6:20am. had a good workout, Shougal will be a treat in the pine trees. On a down side, couple of guys crashed hard including my buddy Cliff Piper. Got knocked out and everything, was doing ok though. I will call him tomorrow to see how he is.

Did you see my sister at the D-Backs/Giant's game? :)

• Dave_S

Posted July 22, 2001 - 09:34 PM

-> SpeedWorld was good, got there about 6:20am. had a good workout, Shougal will be a treat in the pine trees. On a down side, couple of guys crashed hard including my buddy Cliff Piper. Got knocked out and everything, was doing ok though. I will call him tomorrow to see how he is.

I hope Cliff is OK, he seemed to be moving around pretty well when I left. The kid that took the helicopter ride was with me. Got together with a slower rider as he landed the long table-top/step up out of the pit. When I came up on him, he was sitting up but white as a sheet, he took a pretty good whack on the head and they wanted him to get checked out even though he seemed OK. Better safe than sorry. Anyway, he is fine, just gonna have a whopper headache for a few days. He had a knot on his head that protruded about 3/4 of an inch. The klingon look, right on the forehead.

Oh well, we were getting hot by then anyway.

G-Man, If I knew you were there, I would;ve tracked you down to say hi. I was parked right next to Cliff.

Good luck in Washougal!

Dave S

• RacerX

Posted July 23, 2001 - 06:46 AM

Sorry to hear about your friend Cliff, hope he's OK.

I look forward to a breif on the new gig.

I didn't see your sis at PacBell, at least I didn't know it if I did???

Man was it nice and cool up there, we wore sweatshirts and jackets at the game. I kept thinking this would be great riding weather! Guess I have a one track mind. Wouldn't you know it, the D-Backs beat the Giants 2 out of 3 this weekend and we were at the game they lost, oh well we had a ball in SF regardless.

Keep it on two wheels in WA and have fun up there (almost asked you if Josh had room for another bike, maybe next year...)

Paul

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.