Accelerator Pump

1 reply to this topic
  • Staggalee

Posted September 25, 2003 - 01:30 PM

While I was trying to dial in my wr450, a suggestion was made to turn my accelerator pump screw in one turn. I did this and there was no difference, so I put it back. My question is how do I know that it is in the right position and that no one has mucked with it. Where should it be or how do I get it back to stock?

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lipskid

Posted September 25, 2003 - 03:52 PM

Consult your manual, I think it is under 'carb tuning.' It's an easy adjustment.
If I remember... turn the screw in a turn or two, until you get some free play in the assembly holding the scew(you have to push it with your finger to feel the free play, it's spring loaded), then back the screw out slowly, until there is no more free play. But check your manual to be sure. If you don't have one, I can look at mine when I get a chance and get back to you.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.