More CamelDung

7 replies to this topic
  • Ron_in_SoCal

Posted April 17, 2001 - 01:50 PM

Check this one out:

• Bill

Posted April 17, 2001 - 03:20 PM

I had received an email from Mike Graci, that was very similar to the one Mike68 received, word for word in some parts.

He was dancing pretty hard, trying to sling his BS on me. We had a short exchange of emailds until I sent him the above link. Funny thing, I didn't hear from him after that :)

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

• Steve_Morgan

Posted April 17, 2001 - 05:30 PM

Great article! Now we can put the rumors to rest. At the bottom of the article, they mention a competing hydration system that uses no Camelback components:

Thor Motocross
2040 Gillespie Way
El Cajon, CA 92020

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 17, 2001 - 06:10 PM

This does not surprise me after what they did to Mike68. After reading all the CamelDung, I have one question for those EchoNazi's, what are they going to gain if they are successful in their attempt to shut us and everybody else out of the forest?
I have heard this more than once, but do you remember the tactics that the Earth Liberation Front (ELF)did in Oregon and many other states in the past few years? What would the environmentalist do if some people with airplanes and road flares took to some simular tactics?
Now don't get me wrong, I don't condone that kind of activity, but I have heard some discussion on that subject.
When algore came close to winning the presidency, I was getting nervous about that very thing happening.
Then everybody loses. Support any manufacturer who will fight the Extreme Left.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • berudd

Posted April 19, 2001 - 05:47 AM

I would not be to quick to judge CamelBack on this and lump them in with the tree huggers. I don't have a dirt bike (yet!) but my family and I are avid mountain bikers and understand the frustration of being banned from certain areas. I once saw a trail in PA that allowed snowmobiles and not bikes! Same thing with horses. It is not in Camelback's best finacial interest to support groups that might restrict our sports. If there were not places to ride dirt bikes or mountain bikes, I doubt Camelback could stay in business at its current level. If you look at this a different way it may be to our advantage. If someone on our side of the fence would develop a good relationship with those that would shut us down, we might reach a common groud that would make us all happy. If we could actually work with these people instead of against them, we could all gain alot. I know this may be impossable because there views appear very extreme but it is a nice idea anyway and maybe something we could each try to achieve at a personal level. We so much for the philosophical mumbo-jumbo. Let's go ride!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 19, 2001 - 09:55 PM

Some of the organizations that CamelBak has been involved with in the past also close Mtn. Bike Trails. There are better products that give back to out sport. I to am a Mtn. Biker and will no longer give CamelBak my $$$ or Support. I intend to do the opposite. I have talked to my dealer and told him my situation. He has 1 camelbak on the shelf and after it sells, there will be no more. I convinced them to look at other options. NOVACC, MSR and Moose are three companies that have assured me that their products aren't made by camelbak. I ordered my MSR pack yasterday. Be wise in your investments and give you money to those who really sopport our sport.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted April 19, 2001 - 11:04 AM

The point is, the greens are not interested in the common ground, they want all the ground! Good luck meeting in the middle. Many have tried, nobody to my knowledge has succeeded. Sorry for the negativity, however, it seems to be reality.

[This message has been edited by Bryan Bosch (edited 04-19-2001).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 19, 2001 - 11:44 AM

NOVACC has had some successes in the past. I am looking to them for help as things progress in the future. You should really come and enjoy the freedom of riding in NH this July.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.