HELP, Where can I buy a pilot Jet ????

5 replies to this topic
  • john.hilton@cape.k12.de.u

Posted July 19, 2001 - 07:47 AM

Hello, I need some help. I need to get some leaner pilot jets ( 40,38 ) for my 01' YZ 426. Since the main jet is the same as the two stroke version from my old KX 250's carb, I figured that the pilot would be the same also. My dealer tells me that it's not, and replacements are $12.50 from Yamaha.

However, he was calling it a "slow jet" where the manual calls it a pilot jet. I'm not sure I trust the dealer to order the right part, and I need it with in one week for a trip to Colorado. Plus sometimes Yamaha takes a while to send parts to the dealer.

Anybody know where you can get one other than through Yamaha? Is it possible to order directly from Keihin???

Thanks for your help.
John

• jbird

Posted July 19, 2001 - 07:59 AM

You can try http://www.carbparts.com
I've talked to them on the phone about parts for the FCR carb and should have the jets you need. The pilot jets are diff. from a 2 stroke.
Jon

------------------
01 YZ426F, 99 YZ400F, 86 XR250, 76 RD400, 71
Heavily Modified Z50

• jbird

Posted July 19, 2001 - 08:16 AM

I just tried the link and it looks like their site is down but it was working yesterday.
Jon

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted July 19, 2001 - 08:44 AM

Actually, I just tried a place called
Sudco.com, and they had them for $3.50 each, and they had the ones I needed in stock.
Thanks for the other site however.
John

• Hick

Posted July 19, 2001 - 02:49 PM

That’s one more dealer who is a f***ing idiot. Is anybody keeping track of this?

Yes, the pilot is the same as a two stroke (PWK) Keihin carb.

Do me a favor and go verbally abuse your moronic dealer on my behalf.

In his defense, the slant FCR does have a different pilot, but the Yamaha only Flat CR used since ’00 does not. He truly should have known.

BTW “slow jet” and “pilot jet” are interchangeable terms as far as I know.

Posted July 20, 2001 - 01:30 PM

Thanks Hick, I'll go cast some aspersions toward my dealer right away. The guy at sudco also thought the pilot was different from the 2 stroke model. I thought that "slow jet" and "pilot jet" were the same, but my manual said pilot jet and I didn't want the wrong part coming 2 days before I leave for Colorado. Out of 4 dealers that I talked to, only 1 knew what gasket I was talking about when I said I needed a new one that goes between the header and the silencer. Oh well, what are you going to do.
Later,
John

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.