wr400/wr250 fitment

2 replies to this topic
  • zokalr13

Posted November 15, 2011 - 05:03 PM

im wondering whether an 04 wr250f subframe [alum] will fit my 99 wr400 as i like the newer seat and lighter alum frame ,i have a line on a parts bike and need a quick reply from the collective as i searched and couldnt figure out if an 04 would fit ....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dustdogg

Posted November 15, 2011 - 06:22 PM

I think your best bet for an aluminum subframe would be from a YZ 426 up to an '02. In '03 the frames and plastic were all new and nothing interchanges. If you find an aluminum sub frame off of a YZ 426 you will either have to get rid of your radiator overflow or weld some tabs to allow you to bolt it up. Your choice. If I were you I would focus on the YZ seat and tank mod. You need a seat and tank off of a YZ up to an '02. It is a bolt on and was the hot ticket back in the day. I did this on my WR 426 and it was a great mod because you are able to slide up farther on the seat. I always thought about finding an aluminum subframe too, but I didn't think that the weight savings would make much of a difference so I gave up on it.
Here is a pic...

Posted Image

• zokalr13

Posted November 15, 2011 - 08:04 PM

thanks. thats the setup i eventually want to do to mine with the larger tank as well .. i guess i wont buy the parts bike after all and save up for some motor work over the winter instead..any way,thanks for setting me straight .

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.