Rear wheel removal

4 replies to this topic
  • WRLuisSa

Posted November 15, 2011 - 10:30 AM

Hi everyone,

I have a 2005 WR450F and I need to change the rear tyre as it is worn. Thus, I would like to know please if it is possible to remove the rear wheel without disassembling the chain??
My chain has a master link with a clip on it (I know it is easier to remove it with a clip but I did not want to remove the chain to remove the rear wheel).

Thanks!!!

Regards.

• GuyGraham

Posted November 15, 2011 - 12:31 PM

No need to disassemble the chain to remove rear wheel
chain will lift off rear sprocket when you removed wheel spindle (push wheel forward a bit) and wheel will come out

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikewrf18

Posted November 15, 2011 - 12:34 PM

After removing the axle just push it forward and wiggle the wheel a bit and pull the chain off the rear sprocket. Then, when putting the wheel back on push the wheel forward, put the chain on the sprocket, and reinstall the axle.

• strtdsmallproject

Posted November 16, 2011 - 07:50 AM

i pull the nut off the right side.

slide the axle to the sprocket side enough that it clears the adjuster block from the adjuster bolt

slide wheel assy fwd

remove chain from sprocket by rotating the wheel backward

slide out axle

remove wheel

• WRLuisSa

Posted November 16, 2011 - 11:07 PM

Thanks for the input gents!!
Will give it a try this weekend.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.