Tag T2 Handle Bars

5 replies to this topic
  • MotoMan217

Posted July 18, 2001 - 01:21 PM

does anyone have any T2 handle bars? if so what do you think of them im waiting until tommorow to see if i get my bike or not. it will be $6200 after sales Tax from lowering it down to $5500 and putting some parts on it. so i was thinking about getting some T2 handle bars

• sirhk

Posted July 18, 2001 - 01:37 PM

A friend of mine has them on his 2000 YZ250 and I've seen that bike hit the ground REALLY hard many times and they are still straight. On the other hand I took a hit that sent my YZ400 cartwheeling New Years weekend and it bent my Pro Tapers a little. Not bad enough for me to worry about or replace but you can tell they are tweaked. When I brake my Pro Tapers or just decide to replace them I'm going with the Tags or the Renthal Fat bars just cause I like the black anodized look.

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"
"It's a Yellow 99' YZ400!!"

• Boit

Posted July 18, 2001 - 01:53 PM

I installed the Tag T2's, Metzger bend if I remember correctly, to replace Button bend Renthals. I expected there to be a time period in getting used to them, but I felt right at home on them immediately. I haven't dropped the bike yet so I can't say if they resisit bendng but I would imagine they are quite strong since they are oversized. BTW, I used a box cutter to carefully cut off the number plate strap since I couldn't come up with a way to loop it around the bar that satisfied me. It came out pretty sano.

[This message has been edited by Boit (edited 07-18-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted July 18, 2001 - 02:23 PM

I HAD some Tag T2 and they were great bars! But the crash I had at Mills Road MX I dont think any bar could withstand. I just put some new Pro Tapers on 2 days ago since I finally got tired of riding w/bent up bars (rode with them like that for 6 months)! I think that both bars are great but the Tag T2 are 2mm thicker in the center and 1mm thicker on the ends than the Pro Tapers.

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 426!
Motoman393's MX Site

• motoman393

Posted July 18, 2001 - 02:24 PM

oh yeah one more thing the T2's are knurled at the 2 points where they bolt to the triple clamps...which is kind of nice. I better stop before I regret buying my Pro Tapers :) !

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 426!
Motoman393's MX Site

• Hick

Posted July 19, 2001 - 04:44 PM

Originally posted by Boit:
BTW, I used a box cutter to carefully cut off the number plate strap since I couldn't come up with a way to loop it around the bar that satisfied me.

Boit,

Glad you brought that up. I’m a newcomer to no-crossbar land, and I’m wondering how you are going to keep your brake line from getting caught behind your # plate. This has happened to me a few times already.

With my old “retro” crossbar pad look that # plate strap was wrapped up high and tight around the pad so the hose couldn’t catch behind there. Now with my Tapers and the strap wrapped loose and low (directly to the bars) on a few occasions I looked down to find my plate folded inward and the brake line stuck behind it.

I have one of those plastic brackets or guides (came w/ an old Cycra # plate I had once) that you mount to the plate like you see on some pros bikes, is that what I have to do to fix this? How is it that you guys address this?

I was thinking of putting it up higher and at a bit of an angle, but here is a link to a pic of Red Dog’s number plate and hose guide thingamajig. I just noticed that he doesn’t run the stock guide that mounts to the lower clamp...

Am I the only one this is happening to? I’m about to turn my damper back around and cough up the $$ for some crossbar-equipped fat bars :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.