Best Handlebars

11 replies to this topic
  • Jim_bo

Posted September 24, 2003 - 05:06 PM

I have been thinking about a set of Pro Tapers for my WR450. I need some additional height, so I have to get something. I like the Pro Tapers for their flex capability (to reduce arm pump). However, I don't really want to screw around with the inconveniences of a 1 1/8" bar.

What is the best 7/8" bar? Does any offer the reduced arm pump capability of the Pro Tapers??

Jimbo

• foursmoke

Posted September 24, 2003 - 06:36 PM

I have the Pro-Tapers (Doug Henry bend) with the universal bar mount adapters and they were not a hassle to put on at all. I got that extra height I think you are looking for :). Other wise the renthals are nice too.

Smoke :D

• Jim_bo

Posted September 24, 2003 - 08:44 PM

I agree that it isn't difficult to put them on, but when we are talking about a $90 set of bars, $50 for an adapter and $40 for the kit to remount my handguards, that becomes a $180 pair of handlebars. I think I'd rather spend $100 on a really good set of 7/8" bars.

Jimbo

• RunAnywhere

Posted September 25, 2003 - 03:58 PM

Out of all my suspension and tuning, tires and technique, my handlebars have given me the single greatest advantage in handling and control. I too run the Doug Henry bend with the risers. They are well worth it. You spent $6500 on a dirt bike. What's another $180?

• Jim_bo

Posted September 25, 2003 - 04:16 PM

I was looking at the Windham bend or the CR High bend. Any comments??

Also, is there any difference between the Pro Tapers and Renthal Fat Bars???

• The_Blue_One

Posted September 25, 2003 - 05:15 PM

I was running the doug henrys on my wr and recently bought the cr-hi bend pro tapers. For me they are more comfortable standing up. I really liked the henry bend but when i stood up my back ached.
:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted September 25, 2003 - 05:32 PM

TAG has a Privateer Kit for their oversize bars. It includes the bar, upper triple clamp, bar pad (and I THINK grips...???). Motoworld has it for $200.

I bought their one step lower kit which includes the adapter, bars, and pad for $150.

• Jim_bo

Posted September 25, 2003 - 10:04 PM

do you have a link for motoworld?

• Greg_C

Posted September 26, 2003 - 04:28 AM

Anyone have a recommendation for standard type bar that is already at 29' or can be cut down to 29' and still fit all of the controls for the WR?

• ill_caper

Posted September 26, 2003 - 05:34 AM

try motosportoutlet.com they are the cheapest ive seen

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted September 26, 2003 - 07:43 AM

I have the Renthal Fatbar "McGrath" bend.. I love to have my bars up high and these allow me to do so. This gives me better comfort and control. Well worth the money.. Fatbars are cheap too. $69.00 They come in all kinds of colors.. I have them in black.. they look great..

See ya, Dan

• dale

Posted September 26, 2003 - 08:11 AM

Anyone have a recommendation for standard type bar that is already at 29' or can be cut down to 29' and still fit all of the controls for the WR?

Renthal Fatbar has an enduro bend 30.5".
I tried a "Trail Tech" brand bar, looks like a Pro-taper, but the hole in the end is smaller and won't fit handguards.
I will not buy them again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.