Looking at a 2005 WR450F

11 replies to this topic
  • Alpha One Nine

Posted November 09, 2011 - 08:35 PM

Hello All,

I'm thinking I’m about to push the button on this 2005 WR450F.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It’s mostly stock with the exception of that headlight, the skid plate and few other little odds & ends. The seller is the original owner and says all of the “free mods” have been done in addition to the AIS removal kit and jet kit. I did ride it for a few minutes and the engine sounds and runs great. He said I can have it for $2500(US).

Deal or No Deal?

Thanks

Rick

• The Hopper Show

Posted November 09, 2011 - 09:22 PM

just bought mine this spring....much nicer looking overall condition, but all stock. no mods at all. bought it for $2k flat. just over 400 original miles too. but, the prev owner is family for what its worth. i think kbb in my area on my bike was somewhere around $3500.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 09, 2011 - 09:24 PM

It might look less neglected if it were clean, but it seems low mileage.

• Alpha One Nine

Posted November 11, 2011 - 10:01 AM

Thanks for the comments guys,

I’m picking it up in a few hours. Any suggestions on more normal looking aftermarket headlight? The Polisport Halo H4 looks good to me. Has anyone here used it? I plan to dual-sport the bike so having a DOT headlight is important.

• The Hopper Show

Posted November 11, 2011 - 05:52 PM

baja designs? '07 up factory?

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted November 12, 2011 - 04:19 PM

Thanks for the comments guys,

I’m picking it up in a few hours. Any suggestions on more normal looking aftermarket headlight? The Polisport Halo H4 looks good to me. Has anyone here used it? I plan to dual-sport the bike so having a DOT headlight is important.

As a guy who's owned a 2005 dual sport wr450 since in was almost new, if it ran great for that price... I would feel good about it.

Regarding the headlight, definitely get rid of that ugly thing that's there and put the stock headlight shroud on it. But, definitely do a HID conversion on the stock headlight so you can actually see something.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alpha One Nine

Posted November 12, 2011 - 05:15 PM

I thought it ran great three weeks ago when I rode it for several minutes. I haven’t ridden it since taking ownership of it because the weather has been horrible here. I am finding little issues here and there while poking around with it in the garage though. The engine kill switch doesn’t seem to work all of the time (simple fix). The hot start lever doesn’t seem to work (not sure how simple, maybe cable is bound up?). There is a rubbing type of noise coming from the rear hub area when I push the bike around. Seems to only happen at certain rotation positions (brake rotor issue?). The engine does seem to be kind of noisy but from what I have read this is normal. My other two bikes (KLR650 & ZG1000) have noisy engines too. I picked up some real hand guards and new grips today along with an oil filer and oil.

As far as the headlight goes, I have one of these ordered.

Posted Image

Edited by Alpha One Nine, November 12, 2011 - 09:44 PM.

• CanadianWR450

Posted November 13, 2011 - 04:30 AM

What headlight is that?

• Alpha One Nine

Posted November 13, 2011 - 09:22 AM

What headlight is that?

Click on it and see

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted November 13, 2011 - 10:07 AM

As far as the headlight goes, I have one of these ordered.

Posted Image

Great looking light. I may just get one of those myself! Its an H4, which means that my HID conversion kit will fit on it.

• CanadianWR450

Posted November 13, 2011 - 12:53 PM

Click on it and see

Doh! Invisible clickies!

I like the look of the light, anyone else have ever run these?
Curious as to how much better (if any) the the stock 04 light?

• crash279

Posted November 14, 2011 - 10:10 PM

I think I might get one or two of those. That is a really good looking headlight!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.