What year will fit?

4 replies to this topic
  • CodyWayne718

Posted November 09, 2011 - 08:14 PM

Want to go to a 18" rear on my 2010 yz450. Jus not sure which wr rim will work, or any rim to be honest.

• jaro51

Posted November 10, 2011 - 06:08 AM

The YZ's got a bigger rear axle in '09, up to 25mm from 22mm I think. Not sure if the WR got the same bigger axle so you may be out of luck to easily swap out your YZ wheels for a WR one.

I'm not 100% sure on that info though so would like to hear someone else in the know chime in. And I thought there was a wheel interchangeability thread somewhere that you might want to have a look at.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 10, 2011 - 08:37 AM

The WR, at least up to and including the '11 model, never got the 25mm axle. No bearings have been found to make the conversion, so if you want an 18" rim, you're going to have to buy the rim and spokes and build one.

• CodyWayne718

Posted November 10, 2011 - 04:08 PM

Thanks gray. Your knowledge for these bikes knows no bounds!

• 2_wheels

Posted November 15, 2011 - 08:59 PM

I bought a moose 18" rim and spoke kit and lacing it up tomorrow night on my 2011. paid 165

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.