Honda Cr 250 Pre mixes, Best 2stroke oil??

45 replies to this topic
  • danip827

Posted November 09, 2011 - 01:32 AM

Hey guys just out of curiosity what pre mixes do you run for you bike? I used to own a kawasaki kx 250 07 and i ran 33:1 any ideas on the honda and ive just bought one but dont know what mix to use and whats the best 2stroke oil im thinking castrol tts?

• pieplatesnductape

Posted November 09, 2011 - 04:30 AM

An oil search will show a gazzillion threads as we all have a fav. You may want to find out what ratio the previous owner ran and jetted for. 32:1 - 40:1 for most riders here. I like klotz r50, maxima 927, yamalube 2r. Have fun!

• minibikedad

Posted November 09, 2011 - 05:48 AM

I'm also a Klotz die hard. It's the LEAST EXPENSIVE "QUALITY" 2s oil I can get my hands on, plus it's made in the USA. I used to use the R50 back when I motocross the bike. 32"1

now I use the Klotz Techniplate blend for off roading. 44:1.
This is midway between the popular 40:1 & 50:1 ratios used by my offroading buds. also, u Can't beat that Klotz bean oil smell. :busted:

• Redlined

Posted November 09, 2011 - 05:59 AM

Any quality synthetic premix at 32:1-40:1 will work well. I run Maxima Formula K2 at 32:1, but a synthetic from Bel-Ray, Spectro, Amsoil, Klotz, Honda, Yamaha, etc, etc would be fine

• RyJen

Posted November 09, 2011 - 06:15 AM

I use Motul 8002T at 36:1 in 98 CR250

• CamP

Posted November 09, 2011 - 08:12 AM

There is no such thing as "the best oil".

• RyJen

Posted November 09, 2011 - 08:46 AM

There is no such thing as "the best oil".

Oh yes there is....it's called "Whatever is on sale". :busted:

• CamP

Posted November 09, 2011 - 09:03 AM

Oh yes there is....it's called "Whatever is on sale". :busted:

That's why I run Lucas for $7 a quart.

• JJMILLER1

Posted November 09, 2011 - 12:38 PM

That's why I run Lucas for $7 a quart.

+1 Good stuff

• MotoGuido

Posted November 09, 2011 - 01:33 PM

Hate smelling like crap from the synthetic oils so I run Maxima Castor 927 at 40:1. Bike runs awesome, very clean and crisp, and most of all.. it SMELLS AMAZING!! Takes me back to the 90's arenacross everytime haha

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yota

Posted November 09, 2011 - 02:19 PM

Posted Image

• Dirty Harry 4

Posted November 09, 2011 - 02:34 PM

I have ran yamalube 2R for the last 2 seasons, apparently back in the day team kawasaki used to run it (besides for the obvious yamaha)

Edited by Dirty Harry 4, November 09, 2011 - 04:44 PM.

• panicrev

Posted November 09, 2011 - 03:02 PM

I don't really care about protection, just want it to smell good :busted:.

So........I really don't know the difference of these, even after reading the description. I will be running most likley 40:1 in my 02 CR250. Thanks!!

Klotz Super Techniplate

Klotz Benol

Klotz R-50

I know Castor927 smells good too, but think I wanna give Klotz a try. Any help?

• 426 hemi

Posted November 09, 2011 - 03:33 PM

klitz r50 45.1 for my 2000 and 1999 cr250 and my 01 and 00 cr125 and my beta rev250 trials bike seems to work great in all

• hfastryker

Posted November 09, 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hello from Georgia! My son and I race CR250R Honda's Locally here and I have had Very good results using STIHL 2stroke oil for their chain saws. I know it sounds a little strange but my 2 stroke motors used to get lots of carbon buildup and foul plugs, even when mixed light, then a race guru whom I will not mention but used to be a pro told me about this oil that he swears by. I was amazed at the difference during top-end teardowns. Everything is clean as a whistle, and very little carbon buildup on the piston. It is formulated for the extreme heat the air cooled saw motors constantly run at, and doesn't scorch the oil or break it down so fast. It works for me! Smells good too! Hint of Pre-Mix, LOL.

• Redlined

Posted November 09, 2011 - 06:42 PM

I don't really care about protection, just want it to smell good :busted:.

So........I really don't know the difference of these, even after reading the description. I will be running most likley 40:1 in my 02 CR250. Thanks!!

Klotz Super Techniplate

Klotz Benol

Klotz R-50

I know Castor927 smells good too, but think I wanna give Klotz a try. Any help?

Klotz SuperTechnoplate is a synthetic blend with 20% castor (it smells good) this is probably your best bet of the Klotz products

Klotz Benol is full castor
Klotz R-50 is full synthetic
Maxima 927 is a synthetic blend with castor (not sure the %, but they state care must be taken when using in race or aviation fuels with under .73 specific gravity, and caution about separation under 35*)

Edited by Redlined, November 09, 2011 - 07:05 PM.

• panicrev

Posted November 09, 2011 - 08:02 PM

Klotz SuperTechnoplate is a synthetic blend with 20% castor (it smells good) this is probably your best bet of the Klotz products

Klotz Benol is full castor
Klotz R-50 is full synthetic
Maxima 927 is a synthetic blend with castor (not sure the %, but they state care must be taken when using in race or aviation fuels with under .73 specific gravity, and caution about separation under 35*)

Redlined, appreciate your help. I realize there are different applications/bikes, so different requirements. So just go with Technoplate for my cr250 eh? Care to answer why not Benol? or R-50? Just curious.

• shrubitup

Posted November 09, 2011 - 09:02 PM

Hey guys just out of curiosity what pre mixes do you run for you bike? I used to own a kawasaki kx 250 07 and i ran 33:1 any ideas on the honda and ive just bought one but dont know what mix to use and whats the best 2stroke oil im thinking castrol tts?

Castrol TTS is a great nearly smoke-free oil. I used it in my Scorpa SY250. I like Maxima SuperM though for trail riding (a MX bike) at 50:1. Trials bike got 80:1.

• Redlined

Posted November 09, 2011 - 09:36 PM

Redlined, appreciate your help. I realize there are different applications/bikes, so different requirements. So just go with Technoplate for my cr250 eh? Care to answer why not Benol? or R-50? Just curious.

Synthetic is best for your application, but you want to smell castor - Klotz has solved this dilema with SuperTechnoplate.
You could run Benol, but it stores worse than synth, has various (potential) suspension problems, and will likely gum up your powervalve quicker.
R-50 is full synthetic, so it would be a fine choice, and I hear it smells good too, but contains no castor, so I doubt it smells like castor (which I admit is lovely).
I run Maxima Formula K2, it's an ultra high quality 100% ester based synthetic (most similar to R-50 of the Klotz offerings), I have no idea what it smells like, you'd have to ask the guy behind me:thumbsup:

• panicrev

Posted November 09, 2011 - 10:02 PM

I have no idea what it smells like, you'd have to ask the guy behind me:thumbsup:

Ha Ha :busted:.

Thanks for your help. I'm putting some Klotz Techno in my shopping cart. Cheers.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

1983 cr250r resto thread by Brendantherider

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Vintage
  • 4 replies
Forums
Photo

Cr125 weird rolling noises and will not start! by Chowda5

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • 11 replies
Forums
Photo

Restoration CR125 2003 - From Chile by McGrau

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • Hot  39 replies
Forums
Photo

Anyone know what kind of lever this is by shatteredclutch

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

best looking trail bike. by pain99

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  260 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.