Rotation ticking - check your bike - please

4 replies to this topic
  • Boomer

Posted July 16, 2001 - 03:20 PM

I need an easy favor from some of you guys.

My bike is making a clicking noise. It comes from the countershaft sprocket axle. By the manual this is called the "drive axle".

When my bike is on the stand in neutral, and I spin the rear wheel forwards or backwards, there is an audible clicking that occurs with each revolution of the drive axle.

If you have a moment, please put your bike up on the stand a try to determine if yours is doing the same. The noise is not as loud as the chain clickity, clickitying around the rollers, so you will need to listen fairly close - if it's happening, you will hear it.

Please let me know what you find.

BTW - Hick and I have a thread going on this which I started - see the rotational ticking topic near this one - originated by me.

Thanks, Boomer

• Hick

Posted July 16, 2001 - 03:38 PM

FYI when you started that thread I had a look at mine (thrashed '00, virginal '01), and both were quiet as a mouse aside from chain noise.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MikeOK

Posted July 16, 2001 - 03:49 PM

just checked my old '00, quiet also...

• sirthumpalot

Posted July 16, 2001 - 04:59 PM

I was working on my '01 this past weekend and did a lot of spinning of the back while while it was on the stand and didn't notice anything unusual. I'm always listening for odd noises so I'm 99% sure that it was not making the noise which you reported.

• Boomer

Posted July 17, 2001 - 12:48 AM

O.K. - thanks guys - that's how mine used to be "quiet".

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.