did I, or didn't I?

3 replies to this topic
  • wr-426

Posted November 06, 2011 - 09:24 AM

had to vent my frustration after completely reassembling my engine and not being sure whether i replaced that little dowel and o-ring that carries oil between the two halves of the cases. now i am faced with the dilemma of whether to tear it all down again and check, or whether to put the bike back together anyway. i will probably spend more time deciding whether to do it or not than if i just do it.

i think we have all done something like this at some stage and been extremely pissed off at ourselves.

• zibbit u2

Posted November 06, 2011 - 11:19 AM

split the case.

sucks to hear, but there's a reason why it's there. It's better safe than sorry.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pymn2001

Posted November 06, 2011 - 02:56 PM

if you dont and it goes pop you know it. so get the spanners out it'll be practice:banghead:

• wr-426

Posted November 07, 2011 - 07:38 AM

had totally resigned myself to the fact that i was going to have to tear the engine down again, when i realised why i had a dowel (had picked up a collection of dowels from the wrecker) and also i could look through the oil gallery and could clearly see the dowel inside. so relieved not to have to do all that work again. now i am waiting for my frame from the sandblaster.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.