Ever had your hip pop out of place?

15 replies to this topic
  • MOmilkman

Posted September 23, 2003 - 12:34 PM

Mine did last night while I was running. I got home and laid down to watch MNF and man it hurt for a couple hours. I could hardly move.

The wife told me this happened to her a while back when she was exercising and to try to pop it. I really couldnt because it hurt to bad, but while I was laying there on the floor it just *popped* when I tried to do a sit up and all was fine.
It was a really loud pop too.

Has this happened to anyone else?

• DRZCatastrophe

Posted September 23, 2003 - 01:04 PM

YEP!! When I was a kid, my shoulder joints used to pop out all the time and then pop right back in with lots of pain. I wouldn’t be able to raise my arms over my head for a couple months after each incident.
Now, only my hips will do it, only nowhere near as painful.

• MOmilkman

Posted September 23, 2003 - 02:26 PM

That is strange. Did you ever get it checked by a doc?

I went for my run again tonight and I just got back and it feels like its out again. :D Only not as bad as last night.

Hey, at least I got my jog in! :)

• DRZCatastrophe

Posted September 23, 2003 - 03:09 PM

Ha!! No of course not. My parents were too busy fixing my broken arm, smashed face with the broken teeth and my broken foot. :) Which is why I invested in ALL of the protective gear provided by the dirt bike industry.
I have no idea why that happened. I just go to the chiropractor and he adjusts my hips when they are tweaked. It usually lasts for a while.

• MOmilkman

Posted September 24, 2003 - 07:13 AM

Sounds like you were quite the problem child. :D

Your username fits ya. :)

• DRZCatastrophe

Posted September 24, 2003 - 09:56 AM

Yeah, my mom used to call me Calamity Jane. :)

• RMark

Posted September 25, 2003 - 07:59 AM

Momilkman,

Mine popped out as a teen, result of a nasty 1st turn crash at Indian Dunes. I made for good traction and sure many people were able to benefit from body draped over the muddy turn :)

Anyways, it popped back in a day later so I ignored it. Until 6 months later when I started limping, couldn't turn to the right, etc etc. Had it x-ray'd and it hadn't gone all the way back in. Result being a permanently curved spine with vertebrae damage that can only be fixed with surgery. The upside is that as long as I keep my back strong, mostly with mountain bike riding a few times a week I'm fine. Stop the exercise and I can barely get out of bed. This was 25 years ago and it is no better no worse as long as I stay on it. And I always wear out my right shoe before the left, can't keep a ski straight, etc etc

Point of the story.....get it checked asap to be sure no other damage and that things are where they need to be.

Mark

• BigDesto

Posted September 25, 2003 - 08:17 AM

I think my hip is screwed since my last accident, broke my ankle, tib and fib! Jammed my leg going into a turn! When i was recovering my hip area hurt more then my leg. I'm back to training and my hip seems to pop out and just does it's own thing every now and then SCARY. I asked the doc and he said that i may have damaged the hip socket, since the jolt did so much damage to my leg??I'm trying to build up the muscles in my legs to see if that helps??? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted September 25, 2003 - 09:34 AM

get it checked asap to be sure no other damage and that things are where they need to be

Thanks for the concern, but this wasnt related to getting run over or some type of accident. It just happened, really, for no reason other than a short jog. I just figured stuff like this happens with age. :)

I am going back to my Doc (ortopedic) on Dec 8th so I might ask him about it while Im there.

Thanks,
Darin

• DRZCatastrophe

Posted September 25, 2003 - 09:35 AM

You know, it’s worth getting checked out.
At the same time though, don't the ligaments and stuff keep the hip joint in place?
So if you've injured the rest of your leg, it wouldn't be unheard of to have over-extended your suspensory(?) ligaments and now it's just a sloppy joint now because those things are stretched out of place???
Just going out on a limb here...maybe you just need a little more healing time.
Also, the other hip might be really, really tight because the body over-compensates to protect what is damaged and is pulling the other hip out.
Are my legs dangling over the limb yet??? :)

• BigDesto

Posted September 25, 2003 - 10:29 AM

that's what i'm doing, stairs,biking and treadmill. I think it will heal in time!! I hope??

• DRZCatastrophe

Posted September 25, 2003 - 12:33 PM

Hahahah!!!
Maybe you can be like my first horse and have one leg longer than the other. Get some lifts on your boots??!! :D :D :)
Just kidding, give it some time.

• MOmilkman

Posted October 07, 2003 - 06:08 AM

Ive went back to running the last couple nights and my hip is fine now, so I guess it did just need some time to work out on its own.

Geez, now that Im getting old (32) all these weird things are going on with my body. Sucks. :)

• DRZCatastrophe

Posted October 07, 2003 - 10:29 AM

Sorry you gained back the weight you lost!! Don't you hate coming back from vacation to reality!!!??? It stinks!!!!!

• MOmilkman

Posted October 08, 2003 - 07:52 AM

Sorry you gained back the weight you lost!! Don't you hate coming back from vacation to reality!!!??? It stinks!!!!!

Yea, reallity sucks. But Im not going to let it get me down.
Im going to jump right back on the horse that bucked me off and try to lose it again.

I dont regret what I did though. I'd med mad at myself if I went down there and didnt eat any good stuff. :)

• just_want_to_ride

Posted October 11, 2003 - 05:29 PM

Yes once when I was about 15 and again about 2 months ago both times while riding. It always seems to get better after a coupple of weeks though. :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Stretch before or after excercise? by Bryan Bosch

General   General Forums   Health & Fitness
  • 9 replies
Wiki
Core Training - Raines Racing Fitness Fact - last post by Jason Raines

Core Training - Raines Racing Fitness Fact

Wiki Articles
  • 0 replies
Wiki
No More Blistered Hands! - last post by mxwink509

No More Blistered Hands!

Wiki Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Slam Dunk by dturk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250 L/M
  • Hot  41 replies
Forums
Photo

What to do as a workout for Harescramble racer? by Fade

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  63 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.