I need HELP with 2011 yz450f maps for yosh rs-4 slip on gytr tuner

11 replies to this topic
  • onelik

Posted November 03, 2011 - 09:18 AM

So I bought the yosh slip on for my 2011 yz450f and a k&n filter I have not installed them yet because I dnt know if I have to put in a custom map on the gytr tuner or if I should just install the new parts and ride the bike without using the tuner. Does anyone have the same setup or if you have any recommendations for custom maps on the tuner? Any advice will help.

• tech24

Posted November 03, 2011 - 09:38 AM

You don't have to but will probably want to. You'll notice a change in performance regardless, not necessarily an increase but a change. You will probably be happy using the jay marmont map. At least give it a try. Try some of the yamaha maps listed too. Thats the nice thing about it, only takes minutes!

• grayracer513

Posted November 03, 2011 - 11:02 AM

Maps:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=860507

• FZ1426

Posted November 03, 2011 - 03:35 PM

You don't "have to" change the map. Judging by the black soot on my exhaust outlet I know the stock map is pretty rich already. So you might find with the yosh slip on it's perfect without doing anything.

I'm going with a GYTR/FMF slip on. I expect the effect will be a little more top end and a slight overall leaning to the point of being almost perfect. I'm so happy with the way the thing runs now I don't really even want to screw with it, though I know it can be even better...:busted:

As far as the K&N...eh. Why bother. The last thing this bike needs is more weight in the airbox for no gain in performance and less effective filtration.

• swaldrop

Posted November 03, 2011 - 06:03 PM

I have both and run stock. A buddy of mine does as well. The stock map is what this pipe was designed for and any change is for the worse IMO.

• todds924

Posted November 03, 2011 - 06:04 PM

So I bought the yosh slip on for my 2011 yz450f and a k&n filter I have not installed them yet because I dnt know if I have to put in a custom map on the gytr tuner or if I should just install the new parts and ride the bike without using the tuner. Does anyone have the same setup or if you have any recommendations for custom maps on the tuner? Any advice will help.

Try it with JUST the Pipe first. I've tried a dozen different maps and keep going back to stock. The Marmont map was only good for WIDE open high speed tracks for me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • onelik

Posted November 04, 2011 - 07:22 PM

Maps:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=860507

Gray I didn't see the map for yosh pipe or k&n filter

• onelik

Posted November 04, 2011 - 07:25 PM

I have both and run stock. A buddy of mine does as well. The stock map is what this pipe was designed for and any change is for the worse IMO.

Did u notice a big power difference with pipe and filter? Did it help the top end at all?

• swaldrop

Posted November 04, 2011 - 11:08 PM

Did u notice a big power difference with pipe and filter? Did it help the top end at all?

Sorry. I meant both the pipe and tuner, meaning I have tried many maps and end up back on the stock map every time. I do not have the K&N filter so your results may vary :busted:

• otedog

Posted November 05, 2011 - 04:37 AM

I have that pipe and have tried a few maps. My favorite is the GYTR "sharp". The Marmont map is good too. Either way the bike has smoother power through the entire range with the slip on. I'd suggest opening up the intake a little also(cutting some holes in your shrouds). That seemed to make the throttle response even quicker.

• HRC

Posted November 05, 2011 - 10:05 AM

I have that pipe and have tried a few maps. My favorite is the GYTR "sharp". The Marmont map is good too. Either way the bike has smoother power through the entire range with the slip on. I'd suggest opening up the intake a little also(cutting some holes in your shrouds). That seemed to make the throttle response even quicker.

How about Cycra shrouds ? arn´t they suppose to increase airflow ? (of course holes are less cost but...)

• otedog

Posted November 07, 2011 - 10:32 AM

Yeah, those are nice(cycra shrouds). I think I'll get a pair once I replace my smashed in right radiator.:busted:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.