GYTR flywheel weight -- tools needed?

4 replies to this topic
  • atropine

Posted November 03, 2011 - 06:37 AM

I have a 2010 YZ450F with a Rekluse Core EXP and it is great, but I think I want to add a flywheel weight as well as I would like to be able to adjust my engagement point a little lower on the Rekluse but it is already prone to stalling out. My question is this-- what tools do I need to install the GYTR off-road flywheel? Do I just need a flywheel puller? If so, will the one I had for my '06 work, or is it a different size now?

Also, I have a new Renthal 52-tooth rear sprocket that I would like to put on. However, I just put on a new Regina chain (stock size- 520x114) and I don't think it is long enough to fit this bigger sprocket. If I go down one tooth in the front do you think it will fit?

• tech24

Posted November 03, 2011 - 09:42 AM

The puller you have is the same and will work. Changing the flywheel is also no different than '06.

If you can't get enough chain slack guess your stuck with getting a new chain. A 12t front sprocket may be enough but that will be some seriously low gearing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • atropine

Posted November 03, 2011 - 09:50 AM

thx. ya, that low gearing may be crazy. guess i will just run the flywheel for awhile and see how it feels. thx!

• YamaLink

Posted November 04, 2011 - 05:52 AM

I find an air wrench makes the swap a lot easier. Be careful to properly torque things back up.

• CodyWayne718

Posted November 05, 2011 - 06:47 PM

I put a 50 on mine and it was pretty tight with the stock chain.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.