second oil change

1 reply to this topic
  • sirthumpalot

Posted July 14, 2001 - 04:59 PM

I did the second oil change today and checked both the filter and the oil screen. The oil looked horrible, I could even see shiny metal particles in it, but the filter was basically clean (about 1/10 the metal of the first change) and there was absolutely nothing in the screen (this is the first time that I have cleaned the screen). I'm thinking of not checking the filter or screen for 2 more changes. Did anyone else have results like this?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MikeOK

Posted July 14, 2001 - 05:23 PM

Pretty similar to mine sir. I've had my '00 for over a year now and I've never found anything in my frame screen, and I just checked it again a few days ago. I still get metal bits in my oil filter so I still clean it every oil change. I got alot of metal out of mine the first couple changes but now only tiny little flecks and bits of clutch pressure plate. These appear as black flecks. I wonder if Yamaha will do like Honda in the future and seperate the tranny oil from the cylinder oil? Sounds like a good plan to me...

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

• Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.