Help on Part No.'s Please

2 replies to this topic
  • Westy

Posted April 17, 2001 - 12:43 PM

Hope you can help me,
Finally aquired a new Bike, as you may remember I had mine stolen before Xmas, but now I'm back !
I intend to advance the timing and re-jet, I have been monitoring the posts and intend to go with Clark's DVP needle setup, but my local store wants frame and engine no.'s to supply correct components, but the muppet carn't get it into his head that I dont want standerd WR parts.
I have checked out Ronnies Micofiche and have got a list of part no.'s for the 99 model YZ where I have the 00 WR, are these part no.'s compatable with my carb.
Thanks in advance. :)

------------------
00,WR Curently Undergoing F.U.B.A.R. Procedure

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 04-17-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted April 17, 2001 - 03:00 PM

Originally posted by Westy:
…but my local store wants frame and engine no.'s to supply correct components, but the muppet carn't get it into his head that I dont want standerd WR parts.

Doncha just hate that?

Originally posted by Westy:
…are these [YZ] part no.'s compatable with my [WR] carb.

Yes.

But don’t use the ’99 PNs for pilot jets, they will not fit in your ’00 carb. Yamaha created the Flat CR for ’00, replacing the FCR. There are probably other differences as well, so try to use ’00 PNs for other parts, but other than jetting the WR & YZ carbs are the same for the same year, and the needles will fit any similar sized FCR.

• Brad

Posted April 18, 2001 - 04:00 AM

Give www.hlsm.com a try, they list 2000 part numbers

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.