Jetting for Utah

4 replies to this topic

Posted September 23, 2003 - 02:59 AM

Going to be heading out to Marysvale, UT from NJ and was looking for some jetting advice. From what I read, we will be starting at an elevation of about 6000ft. Also, probably going to do some riding in Moab. Bike is stock with open air box and jetted for under 1000ft now. Looking to get the Pro Moto Billit stock pipe insert for noise, so this may slightly affect the jetting. Utah riders, please help !!!!

Thanks,
Stick

• JerseyDirt

Posted September 23, 2003 - 06:55 AM

Sticky, how are you getting your bike out there? My friend and I are also planning a trip to Utah but would rather not drive since we can only take one week off from work. We considered shipping the bikes and flying out there but its pretty expensive round trip. Just wondering what your plan is.

JD :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ogrebelle

Posted September 23, 2003 - 11:41 AM

Look at my sig. While mine is a 2000 WR400 this should at least ballpark you. I love this jetting, it is far better than stock and the best things I've found. In fact I don't even feel the need to fiddle with it anymore at all...it's that good. It works great to 8,000 plus feet. To each his own though.
Doug

• LarryCO

Posted September 23, 2003 - 03:34 PM

Another jetting option. Works fantastic. See below...

• John_H

Posted September 25, 2003 - 11:13 AM

That's about the elevation I ride at here in NM. I've got a 40 pilot, 165 main, and red JD needle with clip in the middle.

Before I changed to YZ timing, I ran 42 pilot, 165 main and stock WR needle.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.