2000 wr 400 not firing at all

7 replies to this topic
  • mase666

Posted November 02, 2011 - 02:10 AM

i have a 2000 wr400 that has had a top en rebuild less than 15 hours ride ago had the valves shimmed. yesterday was riding fine except for it didnt like to idle until late in the day when it started holding the revs even when i throttled back did this for a minute or so then when i stopped it stalled and will not start again kick starting/roll starting/tow starting nothing is working its not even firing anymore. anyone got any ideas on what it could be thats causing it before i go taking things apart to see if i can find the problem?

• miweber929

Posted November 02, 2011 - 04:05 AM

Tight valves or timing off.

I'd be looking at a tight intake.

Mike

• mase666

Posted November 02, 2011 - 12:38 PM

Valves got shimmer with the rebuild only 4 rides ago will check the intake though

• jetfuel

Posted November 02, 2011 - 05:30 PM

Did you try switching the tank to reserve ?

Did you pull the fuel line to see if your actually getting any fuel to the carb ?

Did you check to see if your getting spark ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mase666

Posted November 02, 2011 - 06:57 PM

It's getting fuel to carb. Haven't had a chance to pull the tank off to get at the plug yet will be checking that and lead Tommorow.

• mase666

Posted November 03, 2011 - 05:45 PM

I don't think it's a spark problem because it was holding revs before it stalled and wouldn't start again im thinking it could be the slide in the carby

• jetfuel

Posted November 04, 2011 - 06:09 AM

Then it could only be a clogged jet or stuck/clogged float valve.

• mase666

Posted November 05, 2011 - 03:19 AM

It started first kick today idled for about 30 seconds wouldn't rev when I twisted throttle. Then died and wouldn't start again. Throttle cables seem to be fine and still working. Thinking it may be the carby slide

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.