Stewart´s slim JGR Yamaha...

53 replies to this topic
  • steve_97060

Posted November 18, 2011 - 03:49 PM

I don't know about HRC but I think my yz is bulky. I have the cycra shrouds and it is a little better but it should be thinner by far. The yamaha would be easier to turn in tight spots and ruts if your leg wouldn't have to stick out so far to the side. If JGR develops new thin shrouds I hope the put them up for sale. Just to test my theory I removed the shrouds totally and made a few easy laps and the bike was much more comfortable and I could tuck my knee in better and get the bike to lay over with less effort.

I agree 100%, the cycra shrouds did help and are better than stock but it would be nicer if they were even thinner..

• rickallen124

Posted November 18, 2011 - 07:42 PM

It looks to me that they are using narrower radiators that lets them tuck it in even more.

• HRC

Posted November 19, 2011 - 12:20 AM

It looks to me that they are using narrower radiators that lets them tuck it in even more.

Yes I noticed that to, also seems they lowered the radiators slightly.

• HRC

Posted November 26, 2011 - 03:42 AM

Yamaha scoop of the week:

Apperently JGR / JS7 is also trying out an alutank now.

Posted Image

:lol:

• yzf4fiddy789

Posted November 27, 2011 - 05:04 AM

I like the way the bike feels stock, but I am 6'3. It makes it feel like there is more room. I didn't even notice it being bigger as soon as i started riding.

• migs647

Posted November 01, 2012 - 10:22 AM

One thing that I hope (for Yamaha's best) is that they start taking notice of these special parts JGR develops and taking stuff that works in to production.

Now that JGR gets full factory support this would be logic.

I think this is one of the bad things about OEM's dropping their factory teams. There isn't the same development as it used to be ! The OEM's learnt so much more about their bikes when they are constantly working with the machines in racing situations.

This could also be one of the reasons why James struggled with his setup the last 2 seasons. Yamaha has not had the same test staff and development as the had when they did run the team em selves .

I know this is a reply a year later, but Yamaha still does R&D. They developed the new wrap around pipe that JGR is running.

Posted Image

We spotted Yamaha testing this new exhaust system for the YZ450F. The pipe attaches the rear of the cylinder like usual but wraps around the front of the cylinder and exits the rear like it used to. However, the design eliminates the previous "tornado" section in the rear. It's also shorter, so the muffler doesn't sit as far out in the back. The idea is to better centralize weight.

• HRC

Posted November 01, 2012 - 11:35 AM

I know this is a reply a year later, but Yamaha still does R&D. They developed the new wrap around pipe that JGR is running.

Posted Image
[/b]

Not trying to be a jerk but this is old news in here, there is a thread already in here about the 2014 speculations.

But it sure looks interesting !

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • migs647

Posted November 02, 2012 - 11:40 AM

Wasn't really pointing out the fact about the pipe, but the fact that Yamaha still does R&D with race teams. Was just illustrating that Yamaha is very much involved, even though they dropped their factory team. GYTR being another example.

Edited by migs647, November 02, 2012 - 11:40 AM.

• HRC

Posted November 02, 2012 - 12:56 PM

Wasn't really pointing out the fact about the pipe, but the fact that Yamaha still does R&D with race teams. Was just illustrating that Yamaha is very much involved, even though they dropped their factory team. GYTR being another example.

Ok, I understand

• carl_kxf250

Posted November 02, 2012 - 01:37 PM

See jgr have folded now :(

• HRC

Posted November 02, 2012 - 01:52 PM

See jgr have folded now :(

No no no !

It´s JWR Kawasaki that has folded ! JGR is still going strong !

• carl_kxf250

Posted November 02, 2012 - 01:56 PM

O thank god for that, got mixed up :) who's riding for jgr next year anyway?

• HRC

Posted November 02, 2012 - 02:05 PM

O thank god for that, got mixed up :) who's riding for jgr next year anyway?

Justin Brayton and Josh Grant.... the team of 2010 reunited !

• carl_kxf250

Posted November 02, 2012 - 02:14 PM

Justin Brayton and Josh Grant.... the team of 2010 reunited !

Thank you :) sounds good

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.