2002 wr 426 stalling on take off

5 replies to this topic
  • polky

Posted October 31, 2011 - 03:42 PM

Hi guys just braught a 02 wr 426 estaminated 5000 kms on it. and i am having trouble with it stalling on idle and take off. i have cleaned the carby and couldnt see anything wrong there. it has standard pipe and jets, any ideas?

• GCannon

Posted November 01, 2011 - 12:22 PM

Accelerator pump system in the carburetor is it working?

• polky

Posted November 01, 2011 - 08:41 PM

yeah it squirts like a water pistol as soon as you crack the throttle, it is perfect right through the rev range, accept right at the start. not sure if it is flooding?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted November 02, 2011 - 01:28 PM

http://motoman393.th.../tech/carb.html

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=857613

I don't want to start a fire storm so you will need to do your own research on modifications to your acceleration pump system. There are a number of ways to go. What I found was that the squirt was too big and poorly adjusted and was covering up some other jetting issues.

Good luck!

• polky

Posted November 02, 2011 - 09:50 PM

cheers mate i will look in to it. thanks for the advice.

• polky

Posted December 09, 2011 - 05:30 PM

so it wasnt any thing to do with my carby (hours and hours wasted) it was my de comp cable , it was to tight and when i turned my bars it was pulling on the de comp and stalling it , so if anyone has any un explainable stalling i suggest to try that. cheers and thanks for the advice

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.