ELECTRIC DIRTBIKE????

2 replies to this topic
  • yzernie

Posted July 13, 2001 - 02:32 PM

Anyone see the article on the electric dirtbike in this weeks Cycle News??? I know Scott (the designer and builder) and he is a great guy. He likes to tinker with stuff and his invention does not suprise me.

What do you think??

Ernie

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eBayThumper

Posted July 16, 2001 - 06:56 AM

Hey,

What's the link to that article? Is it available online...I was just thinking about an electric bike the other day. Guess it'll be a while until they can get the horses that the 426 has but could be pretty cool

thanks,
J

• sirthumpalot

Posted July 16, 2001 - 02:55 PM

If you don't think that electric can be fast then check this out:
http://www.killacycle.com/

Assuming that this page is accurate then the electric motorcycle 1/4 mile record is 9.450 seconds @152.07 mph . Fast indeed!

I'm guessing that getting batteries to hold enough juice for one moto without weighing more than the truck that pulls the trailer is going to be the trick.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.