Stewart´s JGR Yamaha...

18 replies to this topic
  • HRC

Posted October 28, 2011 - 01:30 PM

The JGR bike shown in the JS7 pressconference was pretty lame with the stock tripleclamps and stock suspension. Did find a pic of the real deal !

The pressconference:

Posted Image

The real deal:

Posted Image

• HRC

Posted October 28, 2011 - 01:38 PM

I believe this was a smart move by Stewart. He knows the bike, just a much better organised team around him with better structure and clever people involved.

If Yamaha can´t give him the parts he need JGR produce their own parts.

And I bet he got a real good paycheck also ! :-)

• tjg53

Posted October 28, 2011 - 02:28 PM

Did yamaha drop him , when he got in a jam with the cops ?

• HRC

Posted October 28, 2011 - 02:42 PM

Did yamaha drop him , when he got in a jam with the cops ?

No no, they did not. Yamaha still support him in 2012. But I guess JGR will use most of it´s inhouse parts rather than the factory Yamaha parts....or maybe a combo ?

• DMauro

Posted October 28, 2011 - 02:56 PM

why would they haul around a $100,000 bike for pics, look at how low they mounted the hole shot devise on the top pic.

• Yamaryder29

Posted October 28, 2011 - 03:00 PM

look at how low they mounted the hole shot devise on the top pic.

Holy crap, that is low.

• Davey762

Posted October 29, 2011 - 03:48 AM

Looks like a different shroud/airbox on the legit bike... I read jgr was getting custom thinner ones made for james.

• Yamiryder

Posted October 29, 2011 - 06:39 AM

What's the big deal that they didn't have a spec race bike for him at the press conference?

• HRC

Posted October 29, 2011 - 09:04 AM

What's the big deal that they didn't have a spec race bike for him at the press conference?

Who said it was a big deal ?

Just a note.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HRC

Posted October 30, 2011 - 12:51 PM

Looking fast ! :busted:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by HRC, October 30, 2011 - 01:27 PM.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted October 31, 2011 - 01:53 PM

Holy crap, that is low.

They will have too use a comealong to get those forks sinched down.

• idigdirt

Posted November 07, 2011 - 10:27 AM

Does anyone know what kind of spring is that on the rear shock and what is sticking out of the compression adjuster?

• BDubb106

Posted November 07, 2011 - 11:16 AM

I think the bike looks great, and he looks great on it. He will be fast on it just like he is on anything he throws a leg over no matter how "bad" it is. I think the bike will be much better than his previous Yami. He will still have to ride smarter for those "better characteristics" to show through. If he rides it like he did last year he will be in the same situation. I hope he can pull it together and put the bike on the podium like it should be. On a side note I think its gonna be one hell of a battle for the top spot, whatever color the bike is.

• Hurricane

Posted November 07, 2011 - 12:55 PM

I liked when JGR bikes had the red/blue seat cover better, just my opinion..

• BDubb106

Posted November 07, 2011 - 01:01 PM

Ok so you proved me wrong, but... Me too! I have a JGR kit sitting at home in the package that I bought about a year ago (2010 kit I think)... the red seat gives the bike the "complete" factory look!

Anyways, anyone have a clue what the extra "stuff" is on the shock resevior?

• Hurricane

Posted November 07, 2011 - 01:05 PM

Ok so you proved me wrong, but... Me too! I have a JGR kit sitting at home in the package that I bought about a year ago (2010 kit I think)... the red seat gives the bike the "complete" factory look!

Anyways, anyone have a clue what the extra "stuff" is on the shock resevior?

The picture I saw had a blue and black seat that looked just like the stocker.

• BDubb106

Posted November 07, 2011 - 01:12 PM

Posted Image

THis one

• Hurricane

Posted November 07, 2011 - 01:16 PM

My system here blocks photobucket, can't see. The one I saw on google picks had a blue top with black sides and said Yamaha really small on back sides, looked almost the exactly like my 07' seat but the with the colors reversed.

• BDubb106

Posted November 07, 2011 - 01:43 PM

Got ya... the one Im talking about has a blue tip at the very front, black middle and red rear and sides. I think they should run something similar on JS's bike.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.