What about "Gray wire"?

6 replies to this topic
  • Johnny_400F

Posted September 22, 2003 - 10:24 AM

Hallo, I'm the wery fresh owner of an WR 400F '99,
and I'm from Croatia so excuse me for my bad english.
I'd like to know what is that GRAY WIRE that ewerybody
cut off? :)

• ill_caper

Posted September 22, 2003 - 10:32 AM

Go to search in this forum and type grey wire. You will see all the info you need. In summary it makes it act more like the YZ. YOu can always plug it back in if you want its real easy to do. Hope this helps. -D :)

• MOmilkman

Posted September 22, 2003 - 10:44 AM

Johnny,
Im riding the same bike (basically) and I unpluged the wire and couldnt tell much of a difference (if any).

If you really want a preformance difference, YZ time the bike and re-jet to YZ specs. I know this is a completely different ballpark but this is where the power gains are felt. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lewichris

Posted September 22, 2003 - 11:58 AM

i second MO, Dont worry bout the gray wire. I also second yz timing it. Gotta love it

• Johnny_400F

Posted September 22, 2003 - 11:11 PM

OK, thanks for all informations, I'll try the YZ timing
and the gray wire.
Another question, how should I know if the throttle stop
is allready modified or not?
:)

• KiwiRider

Posted September 23, 2003 - 12:02 AM

Johnny,
Dont worry about the gray wire because it only affects WR`s sold in the USA.
The throttle stop applies to some European countries, but chances are it has long been removed on your WR or was never there anyway. Have a look here http://www.thumperfaq.com/throttle.htm
for details about the throttle stop. This info is for the 250 but applies to the WR400/426/450.

• MOmilkman

Posted September 23, 2003 - 05:51 AM

Another question, how should I know if the throttle stop
is allready modified or not?

Take the stop out, follow these instructions and measure it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.