02 WR426 to YZ426 tank and seat

5 replies to this topic
  • TEDean

Posted September 22, 2003 - 10:20 AM

I've researched all the past posts for WR to YZ conversions. So I don't want more tank capacity, cams or timing, I just want a tank seat combo that will be simular in ergonomics to the YZ426. However, I don't want to buy the expensive Yamaha stock parts. My questions are..please...
Will the stock 02 YZ tank and seat fit my 02 WR426? (if I have to buy stock)
Is there an aftermarket tank simular to the YZ I can buy?
Thanks for your help.

• GrahamO

Posted September 22, 2003 - 10:42 AM

Any seat/tank combo made for the YZ426 will fit on the WR426, but you have to get both. IMS and Clarke are pretty popular, and make tanks in a number of different sizes from 2.0 gals up.

The improved ergos of this mod are worth the $$. However, if you get a large tank you will never see the choke again (gotta feel with your hand for it) and a handlebar mounted hot start lever is a must. If you're really going for YZ though (2.0 gals I believe) then neither of these will be a problem.

• holeshot426

Posted September 22, 2003 - 10:43 AM

Yes, they will fit. Check for sale here on TT or Ebay.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mmbasa

Posted September 22, 2003 - 04:06 PM

Fit is not a problem. A new tank should run you about $170 and the seat will go for about $90. Of course you can look around and get cheaper but thats about what you are looking at. You will notice a huge difference after the conversion, turning is much better.

• RSA210

Posted September 27, 2003 - 01:17 PM

Just on E-bay last night,seats & tanks for sale all over. :)

• TEDean

Posted September 28, 2003 - 06:51 PM

Thanks guys, YZ seat and tank installed. Handles much nicer.

Tommy :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.