* * * * * 1 votes

Let's see those WR's!

Yamaha WR400F Yamaha WR450F Yamaha WR426F

708 replies to this topic
  • Pegleghero

TT Member

98 posts

Posted October 27, 2014 - 03:24 PM

Here's my 2013. Throttle stop removed, gytr ecu, snorkle removed, and fmf powercore 4.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1414452237715.jpg

• revelc

TT Bronze Member

319 posts

Posted October 27, 2014 - 05:58 PM

Here's my 2013. Throttle stop removed, gytr ecu, snorkle removed, and fmf powercore 4.

Are those wheels stock? They look sick.

2014 WRR-Totalled
2012 WR450F-Stolen
2012 WR450F-Third bikes the charm.

• revelc

TT Bronze Member

319 posts

Posted October 27, 2014 - 06:01 PM

Just getting it broken in.
5th gear power wheelie.
No clutch.
Stock gears.
Only a Q4 and throttle stop removed.

2014 WRR-Totalled
2012 WR450F-Stolen

• Pegleghero

TT Member

98 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 04:32 AM

Are those wheels stock? They look sick.

2014 WRR-Totalled
2012 WR450F-Stolen

I wish they were. I went against my better judgement and gave them the rattle can special. The way I see it id rather spend 20 bucks and ding up the stockers rather than buy black hoops and ding those up. If they get as bad as everyone says, then ill bite the bullet and get some excels. But until then im going with these lol.

• revelc

TT Bronze Member

319 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 09:07 AM

I wish they were. I went against my better judgement and gave them the rattle can special. The way I see it id rather spend 20 bucks and ding up the stockers rather than buy black hoops and ding those up. If they get as bad as everyone says, then ill bite the bullet and get some excels. But until then im going with these lol.

They look good in the pictures. Did you break them down to do it? The nipples and spokes still look silver.

2014 WRR-Totalled
2012 WR450F-Stolen

• Pegleghero

TT Member

98 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 10:25 AM

Thanks, it was all in the prep. I spent 3 times as long taping them up as I did painting them. I wrapped the nipples with 1 inch tape and then just put 2 inch tape on the spokes, deflated the tire and stuck the flash cards in and then took the better part of the day ( gf wasnt happy at all lol) abraiding the rim and then did 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of gloss black, and then 3 coats of gloss clear. I think it came out better than most have said, but ill find out when I take it out in a few weeks. But I really feel like 9 coats of paint is gonna take some time to get eaten up.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1414520509630.jpg

• The Hopper Show

TT Silver Member

760 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 03:44 PM

so are these evo 11 graphics?

New graphics on the old '06 trying to spruce it up. Combination of FX and FLU Designs.

2crakub.jpg

2sb29uv.jpg

• revelc

TT Bronze Member

319 posts

Posted October 28, 2014 - 04:12 PM

Thanks, it was all in the prep. I spent 3 times as long taping them up as I did painting them. I wrapped the nipples with 1 inch tape and then just put 2 inch tape on the spokes, deflated the tire and stuck the flash cards in and then took the better part of the day ( gf wasnt happy at all lol) abraiding the rim and then did 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of gloss black, and then 3 coats of gloss clear. I think it came out better than most have said, but ill find out when I take it out in a few weeks. But I really feel like 9 coats of paint is gonna take some time to get eaten up.

Turned out great. Looks like I have a new Saturday project.

2014 WRR-Totalled
2012 WR450F-Stolen

• firedog55

TT Member

87 posts

Posted October 29, 2014 - 02:00 PM

"so are these evo 11 graphics?"

Yes

• matt85

TT Newbie

8 posts

Posted October 29, 2014 - 07:01 PM

Here's my 2014.  I've had it for 2 months now and absolutely lovin it.  I want to do some District 37 races next season so I'm trying to get out and ride it as much as possible.

15476934209_befc237f04_c.jpg

15477609157_fdcb505763_c.jpg

• bopper450

TT Member

88 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 03:33 AM

Can you post a sound clip of your q4 exhaust !

Edited by bopper450, October 30, 2014 - 03:34 AM.

• matt85

TT Newbie

8 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 06:33 AM

Can you post a sound clip of your q4 exhaust !

Yeah sure. I have work and school all day today so I'll post one tomorrow.

• wadzi90

TT Silver Member

800 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 06:44 AM

So would a power bomb, mega bomb, etc. be any better than a stock header? Or is a slip on good enough?

• stevethe

Get Help Now

5,245 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 30, 2014 - 06:54 AM

So would a power bomb, mega bomb, etc. be any better than a stock header? Or is a slip on good enough?

What ever you get on the bottom with a Mega bomb you loose on the top.

• wadzi90

TT Silver Member

800 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 06:57 AM

That's what I've read, but the power bomb claims to give power all throughout. The pro circuit full system is supposed to add power throughout as well. I just don't see how they could be that much better than the stock header.

• cracker please

TT Bronze Member

137 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 07:02 AM

The fmf headers fit into the fmf slip ons without the adapter so they must be a larger diameter than stock.  I would think that would help with top end power but who knows.  Would take a lot of testing to find out probably.

• stevethe

Get Help Now

5,245 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted October 30, 2014 - 07:45 AM

I tried a Megabomb it was a larger head pipe but lost too much top end and sold it. I use a YZ450 08-09 large head pipe into a FMF back section however the bikes are 07-11 WR's. You probably wont notice much difference from the stock head pipe. Just put a slip on FMF on the back or maybe go with a pro circuit.

• jcm3

TT Titanium Member

2,583 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 10:06 AM

Agree with the others, it looks awesome!  Has anyone tried Plastidip on these wheels?  Would it work ok?

Also, looks like you removed the lights?  Do you moto it, and if so, how does it do? 

I recently bought a KX500 because I was wanting to move away from MX and do more trail riding and desert riding (getting injured too much), but now I end up doing MX on my KX500 rather than my old 2011 YZ450.  lol  If I can moto a WR (easy vet track stuff) OK then that might make more sense.  I'd probably be about 60/40 MX, doing it more to have some fun, fitness, and quality time with my son rather than anything competitive anymore.

Your bike looks great.

Edited by jcm3, October 30, 2014 - 10:13 AM.

• Pegleghero

TT Member

98 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 10:26 AM

Agree with the others, it looks awesome! Has anyone tried Plastidip on these wheels? Would it work ok?

Also, looks like you removed the lights? Do you moto it, and if so, how does it do?

I recently bought a KX500 because I was wanting to move away from MX and do more trail riding and desert riding (getting injured too much), but now I end up doing MX on my KX500 rather than my old 2011 YZ450. lol If I can moto a WR (easy vet track stuff) OK then that might make more sense. I'd probably be about 60/40 MX, doing it more to have some fun, fitness, and quality time with my son rather than anything competitive anymore.

Your bike looks great.

Thanks man. Ive seen multiple posts about plastidip but ive never done it. I still have the light and actually use it quite often ), the number plates just a preference thing I guess lol. Ive taken it to the track once and other than the suspension being too soft (or me being over weight lol) it was pretty decent. But I ride trails much more than track and this thing shines where it needs to, much better than a mx bike.

• jcm3

TT Titanium Member

2,583 posts

Posted October 30, 2014 - 10:34 AM

Thanks man. Ive seen multiple posts about plastidip but ive never done it. I still have the light and actually use it quite often ), the number plates just a preference thing I guess lol. Ive taken it to the track once and other than the suspension being too soft (or me being over weight lol) it was pretty decent. But I ride trails much more than track and this thing shines where it needs to, much better than a mx bike.

Yeah, I'm an MX guy, so I'd love something that could do both.  I also prefer the mx look, which the WR has in spades. 

I've always ridden trails and desert wtih an MX bike and with an MX suspention set up, so it would probably be a dream to ride it with something with softer suspension, like it is supposed to have.  But, there are always trade offs.

Again, sweet ride.

Related Content

Wiki
Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods - last post by Super_Davee

Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Kickstarter Noise by JohnClaude

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Wr450f at higher speeds wobbles quite a bit by Turtlerider

• Hot  28 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Valve Cover gasket keeps blowing by pbcrazy9898

• Hot  29 replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.