TT Titanium Member

2,923 posts

Posted November 06, 2011 - 03:46 PM

Check my garage.

• MaxPower

TT Platinum Member

1,742 posts

Posted November 08, 2011 - 09:33 PM

that is a cool pic. you look like you are hauling ass.What kind of event and what class of bikes

Posted Image

Same bike-different day..

Best bike I ever owned..Does it all

• comtnrider

TT Bronze Member

147 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 11:38 AM

Winter comes early and stays late in SW Colorado. I've already completed my winter maintenance, waiting for spring.

Posted Image

• pschiess

TT Gold Member

1,225 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted November 11, 2011 - 11:43 AM

Winter comes early and stays late in SW Colorado. I've already completed my winter maintenance, waiting for spring.

Posted Image

What frame guards do you have on your bike?

• The Hopper Show

TT Silver Member

760 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 04:37 PM

lightspeed carbon fiber

• comtnrider

TT Bronze Member

147 posts

Posted November 11, 2011 - 05:56 PM

correct, Light Speed carbon fiber

• centextom

TT Member

41 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 09:46 AM

Here is my 2007 Wr450f before and after a ride.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Whats that rear plate holder with the turn signals on it?

• byggd

TT Titanium Member

2,923 posts

Posted November 13, 2011 - 10:08 AM

Looks like Baja Designs??

• pschiess

TT Gold Member

1,225 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted November 13, 2011 - 11:05 AM

It is the standard taillight and fender extender that comes with the Tusk Enduro lighting kit. I added a metal bracket that is the same size as the license plate just as support so the license plate does not crack. The turn signals just stick on to the fender extender. One has stayed on perfectly the other came loose and I glued it back on with Gorilla glue and have had no more issues.

• centextom

TT Member

41 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 03:53 PM

Does that kit come with a hi low headlight beam switch?? And does the light on the WR work as a hi low, or do I need to buy a specific bulb, and if so what bulb do I get?

• pschiess

TT Gold Member

1,225 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted November 14, 2011 - 04:03 PM

Does that kit come with a hi low headlight beam switch?? And does the light on the WR work as a hi low, or do I need to buy a specific bulb, and if so what bulb do I get?

The kit comes with the hi-low switch. It also comes with another switch that I did not use (it is a kill switch looking swith like on mini bikes where you switch the engine off with no need to hold down the button). The stock headlight is a hi-low already. You just need to wire it up. The only thing I needed to buy that it did not come with (and this may only apply to CA) was a high\low beam indicator light. I got one from Radio Shack (blue LED light) that cost less than $3.00 and wired right into the high beam light wire. I needed that to pass CA light inspection. I can take pics of the handlebar set up of switches how I did mine if you want them. The one switch controls all the following - high\low beam (and off too), horn and turn signals. Nice clean look.

• centextom

TT Member

41 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 05:54 PM

That would be cool, Id like to see the setup.

• smv ryder

TT Titanium Member

2,464 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted November 14, 2011 - 06:00 PM

Posted Image

how do you like the trial tire in Colorado? where do you ride? you happy with it? any conditions where it does not work well?

sick bike.. whats been done to the pretty lady?

• pschiess

TT Gold Member

1,225 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted November 14, 2011 - 06:39 PM

That would be cool, Id like to see the setup.

Here you go. The duct tape on the back of the hand guards is just there for a place to store it in case I need some on the trail. The silver tube on the top of my handlebar mounting bolts is the water proof container for storing my registration and insurance paperwork and a photocopy of my driver's license. Yes I know the vent tube from my gas cap is missing. The headlight is stock and the shroud for the headlight is painted white to match the other white plastic.

Clutch side Note the switch has the horn button on the bottom, the left - right turn signal button above that and at the top is the high\low\off light switch. This causes the kill button to be moved inwards a bit. The next thing towards the center is my GPS mount.

The hour meter is custom made and mounts to the IMS tank bolts.
Posted Image
Throttle side
Posted Image
Both sides
Posted Image

• pschiess

TT Gold Member

1,225 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted November 14, 2011 - 06:41 PM

how do you like the trial tire in Colorado? where do you ride? you happy with it? any conditions where it does not work well?

sick bike.. whats been done to the pretty lady?

And what make trials tire is that? Does it hold up well in the Colorado rocks? What do you use for a tube?

• comtnrider

TT Bronze Member

147 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 07:42 PM

smv ryder, pschiess, Dunlop 803 with a Tubliss setup. It works great everywhere with the exception of deep mud, but not much of that here, just rocks, wet rocks and bigger rocks. It holds up pretty well but I think one would go through a couple a year. Knobs do get chunked out in the rocks, but won't go back to a knobby!
I'm in the South Fork/Del Norte area, the old Boot Hill Enduro country. Lot's of good trails here. I spend some time every year up in Tayor Park, (close to you smv) only two hours north.
Revalved and resprung(6'3"/230) myself with Smart Perf, Rekluse Pro, Scotts Damper, 08 YZ exhaust with PMB end cap and spark arrestor, Guts tall/firm seat, Clarke 3.6 gal and a lot of little things a guy picks up in over 45 years of riding. :busted:

• centextom

TT Member

41 posts

Posted November 16, 2011 - 07:20 PM

Here you go. The duct tape on the back of the hand guards is just there for a place to store it in case I need some on the trail. The silver tube on the top of my handlebar mounting bolts is the water proof container for storing my registration and insurance paperwork and a photocopy of my driver's license. Yes I know the vent tube from my gas cap is missing. The headlight is stock and the shroud for the headlight is painted white to match the other white plastic.

Clutch side Note the switch has the horn button on the bottom, the left - right turn signal button above that and at the top is the high\low\off light switch. This causes the kill button to be moved inwards a bit. The next thing towards the center is my GPS mount.

The hour meter is custom made and mounts to the IMS tank bolts.
Posted Image
Throttle side
Posted Image
Both sides
Posted Image

Thats a great setup! Ive got the bosses approval for the Tusk kit for my son for Christmas, so Ill post pics when its all done! Where did you get the little waterproof container? REI?

• pschiess

TT Gold Member

1,225 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted November 16, 2011 - 07:52 PM

Thats a great setup! Ive got the bosses approval for the Tusk kit for my son for Christmas, so Ill post pics when its all done! Where did you get the little waterproof container? REI?

Nope REI is way above my payscale... I made it out of a 4" piece of threaded PVC with 2 PVC end caps screwed on with teflon tape and painted it silver. Total cost about $2.00 because I had the paint. Held on with duct tape but going to make a velcro strip when I get a chance as the duct tape will most likely pull off the paint.

• Bazzaboy7

TT Member

65 posts

Posted November 20, 2011 - 12:01 PM

First time out for my WR (on the right) and Kev's (on the left) :lol:

Posted Image

• ryder82

TT Newbie

1 posts

Posted November 21, 2011 - 05:27 PM

I have a2000 wr 400 love it I wouldlike to find a rear fender with light used if Ic
an.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha WR450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha WR450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wr450f at higher speeds wobbles quite a bit by Turtlerider

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Valve Cover gasket keeps blowing by pbcrazy9898

• Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Should i switch to a ktm 300 exc or xcw from a 2009 wr 450f by Tattoojunk

• Hot  55 replies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.