00 wr400f which yz needle should I use?

No replies to this topic
  • Honda2stroke4life

Posted October 26, 2011 - 05:03 AM

After reading all the jetting posts I'm a little confused on which yz carb needle to try on my wr400f..I want to go with something that will give me a little more mid to upper power,and see that the EKN needle is recommened alot,JD and Taffy seem to be the experts on this subject,so any advice from you other experts would be greatly appreciated..My carb setup as follows:
168mj
stock DRS needle #4 pos
45pj
75paj
200maj
65sj
Bike runs good overall except for the fact that my pilot screw has to be at 3-1/2
turns out to run smooth from idle to 1/4 throttle..Everything on this bike is stock wr timed factory pipe,air box lid has been removed,grey and blue wire has been disconnected...
I know jetting can be trial and error but I need a good starting point,live in Georgia,900 ft above sea level,it's always humid here,summer temps avg 85 to 95 and winter temps average 35 to 55 f
Thanks guys for any suggestions you can give me :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.