Been a while since I posted up here. I spent most of my summer playing around on my sportbike or injured, so I didn't ride the WR400F all that much. I got into riding motocross a bunch as well, and the WR400 carried me for a while, but in the end I bought a YZ 250 for motocross stuff, and decided to keep the WR400 around for trail riding and what not.
Over the same I also converted my street bike to be track only, including full race plastics, and a bunch of other modifications. Not bad... except now I don't have a street bike! I originally bought my WR400F and it was plated in washington, but of course of questionable street legality.
So, provided I can get the title to transfer to Oregon without headache (and I think I can) I should be able to get the actual plate on the bike without much of a headache. The problem though is making it street legal enough that I don't get pulled over on sight by a police officer.
So I'm looking to do the following:
- Put OEM Headlight back on (swapped to number plate)
- Add switch for high low beam for later use, and it has blinker option as well as horn button.
- Take 12v supply going to headlight on/off and reroute it to new switch. Run headlight high/low off of it (for now, both go to headlight)
- Run 12v supply to running tail light
- Wire 12v to brake light pressure siwtch, and pass onwards to brake light itself.
- Run from switch for blinkers to blinker switch, and run from there to blinkers
- Go up a single tooth on the front to help make the bike a bit better at slower highway speeds.
It's fairly minimal, but it gets me what I need. Blinkers, a headlight, a tail light, and a brake light. I use mostly front brake, so a front brake only pressure switch should do fine.
1- Does the stock WR400f have enough power to run a headlight, a brake light, and some blinkers all at once?
2- Would going with LED blinkers help reduce the power draw?
3- Do you have any advice for me to help keep this trail worthy so if I do take it on a trail ride I'm not just going to instantly brake all of this stuff off.
4- Any other advice?