KX250f 05, blown head gasket

4 replies to this topic
  • Gerard3312

Posted October 23, 2011 - 10:16 PM

i have a problem, the head gasket on my KX is blown, the bike wasn't ridding when i realized it, so i dont think it overheated. but my exhaust was filled with coolant, what do i have to replace eccept the head to get it running again?? and do you think the packing in my exhaust is damaged from the coolant?

• vallibirgiss

Posted October 24, 2011 - 11:10 AM

Somehow i dont think that a blown head gasket would cause the exhaust to fill with coolant ....But i may be wrong but my guess is that your Cylender Head is Cracked

First of all i would Tear the top end down and inspect everything.

• Gerard3312

Posted October 25, 2011 - 12:04 AM

What should I be looking out for?

• vallibirgiss

Posted October 25, 2011 - 05:54 AM

For cracks or any damage. Take a flashlight and put it in the water jacket in the head and see if you can see any damage ..

But as i said im not 100% that a cracked head is a problem i would try to ask D-K or Primal they are Pro's

• D-K

Posted October 25, 2011 - 11:49 AM

A blown head gasket can let the coolant get into the combustion chamber, but it will not be much, at least to begin with.
And it will do it while running when the pressure rises. When cooled back down the water is under no pressure and it will be very little entering the combustion chamber. It will be smoking white when started cold, then it lessens.

If the exhaust fills up with coolant while the bike is sitting, there must be a big crack in the head. I really can´t imagine anything else being the problem.

As mr. Birgisson said, you need to take the head off and inspect the parts. Post pics if you can.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2007 Kx250f Jetting At 6000ft Altitude by TahoeKX250F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   KX250F
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Gold valves and shims by Dan Paull

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  44 replies
Forums
Photo

2013 kx250 gold valves by Dan Paull

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   KX250F
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

If you had to vote a 250f most reliable by Ride_blue82

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Cylinder measuring by Dan Paull

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • 13 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.