I bloody crashed...

3 replies to this topic
  • DirtFreakQ

Posted September 21, 2003 - 11:45 PM

Well... it had to happen...
After 7 years on the road with literally any kind of motorcycle I started off-roading beginning this year with a KLX 650 R. It went fine... so I sold the Kwakker and bought a WR 400 F. And it also went fine... I was beginning to know the bike and it all sorted out well... till yesterday...

A path I took about every week, just left from home, hit the path, switched to third gear and then - I still don't know why and that's what I hate the most - I lost control en the bike decided to go tree-wards.
I hit a tree with the left side of the bike... Overall hit score:

- My shoulder got a serious hit... nothing broken but something is majorly wrong, gonna get X-rays this afternoon...
- Leg got a serious hit, but nothing special
- Some scratches etc, and a helmet who took the impact

Gear status:

- Pants ready for the trashbin (thank god they sucked anyway)
- Helmet is a no-go

Bike:

- Handlebar bent (as to be expected)
- Front light smashed
- Rear brake pedal bent
- Left handguard broken

And, that's about it... I hope it won't cost me too much and I sure hope that shoulder gets well soon so I can start riding again...
Maybe I went a bit too bast, who knows... :)

Anyone has an idea on what the stuff above costs? I hope this was crashing's severest, I don't mind taking a bite of sand, but when they put a tree in front of me I'd rather prefer the sand :D

QMan

• jwriott

Posted September 22, 2003 - 10:02 AM

I'm not sure about all the parts but the headlight assy is expensive. Buy an aftermarket unit as they are way cheaper and you should be able to get one for $75 or less.

If you had the stock bars, they suck anyway so you were due. A good pair of aluminum bars should cost you about $60.

Try bending the brake pedal back as you'll probably bend it again anyway.

If you don't have a chest protector and fore arm guards, I'd get some, they help a lot.

Anyway, glad you aren't hurt worse and don't let it discourage you. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DirtFreakQ

Posted September 23, 2003 - 11:06 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply... I'm getting better by the day but it'll be about 2 weeks before I can use full force on my shoulder again... Guess I'll need some training.
I was planning to get some aftermarket stuff... I hope the lights are as good as the original tho :)

Thank god I wore a chest protector and arm guard or else the shoulder would've been broken, the doctor said.

TBH I'm a bit scared on hopping up again, but on the other hand I really want to get on the bike again and try again at ease... :D

• foursmoke

Posted September 23, 2003 - 07:10 PM

Freak' I had a similar injury about 2 months ago. I pulled the front wheel up just b-4 a big puddle, the bike got sqirriley which caused me to apply even more thottle an went shoulder first into a big oak tree :D. Took about a month (give or take a week) to feel 100% :D. I still rode every weekend afterward but had to take it easier & build back up to my old reckless self :D. Good luck in your quest to heel and hop right back into the saddle and put it behind you & have fun.

Smoke :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.