Will a Yz450 radiator fit on my 426?

3 replies to this topic
  • Thepowderblue

Posted October 23, 2011 - 09:48 AM

So I have a yz426. at speedworld lastnight me and my buddy leaned our bikes on each other. long story short some ******** kept pushing them over when we where not around. :thumbsup:
So now I have a busted radiator... I Need one asap for glamis. I am leaving on Thursday. Ebay takes to long.
There are people parting out yz450's form 03-06 on Craigslist,will a rad from one of them work?.

Edited by Thepowderblue, October 23, 2011 - 12:11 PM.

• Thepowderblue

Posted October 23, 2011 - 12:10 PM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ426_F

Posted October 23, 2011 - 03:13 PM

My guess would be no. I can't say for sure but looking at fluidyne's radiators they list different part numbers for the yz426 and the yz450. You should be able to order the Fluidyne unit from a local parts dealer with rush shipping.

I work for a Yamaha dealership and my employee cost on a stock rad is still insane. You can buy a pair of Fluidynes for the cost of one Yamaha rad.

Expect to have to modify a yz450 rad to work on your bike and your still left with a used product they may not work.

• Thepowderblue

Posted October 23, 2011 - 04:33 PM

Ok thanks. I ended up finding someone with a set in really good shape for 50 and I got them.

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.