WR450F AIS Kit Q's

3 replies to this topic
  • watkins

Posted October 23, 2011 - 07:48 AM

Hi All,

Im a proud owner of a brand new left over '09 WR450.. getting ready to open her up and just have a quick question. I'm at sealevel and ride mostly at sea level. I plan on getting the JD jet kit, but I also currently have the GTYR AIS Removal kit that comes with jets... I know the main, needle & pilot in JD's kit are more spot on so my question is should I put in the rest of these jets (leak jet, etc) or leave it all stock and just use the JD kit? I read the FAQ and it doesnt touch on this specific topic.

• kawi380

Posted October 23, 2011 - 07:51 AM

I am pretty sure I have a combination of both in there. I did the AIS kit then a few months later installed the JD kit and only changed what JD directed. Not a big deal either way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted October 23, 2011 - 05:46 PM

If you are taking the carb off, do yourself a favor and upgrade the accelerator pump linkage spring (Merge Racing). It is a huge improvement in throttle response.

• KennyMc

Posted October 24, 2011 - 09:57 AM

I didn't use any of the jets from the GYTR AIS block off kit. I used all of the jets from the JDJetting kit that the instructions said to. I did this before every riding the bike and I have not had to go back into the carb since. This was back in June of '07.:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.