GYTR shuts down

6 replies to this topic
  • Pedro Cutillas

Posted October 22, 2011 - 03:12 PM

Hi folks, my GYTR shuts down when i connected it to the bike, its a 2011 YZ450F, any idea?

• dwerthones

Posted October 22, 2011 - 03:24 PM

GYTR I would assume your referring to the tuner? Try replacing batteries

• dalonar

Posted October 22, 2011 - 03:35 PM

are you talking about when you plug it in with the tuner on it will shut off? Just hit the power button again?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HRC

Posted October 23, 2011 - 12:36 AM

Change batteries !

• tech24

Posted October 23, 2011 - 05:44 AM

mine does the same thing. Put new batteries in it...does the same thing. Haven't used it for a while. They do wierd things with weak batteries. I just plug it in and start the bike. If you need to load a map, start the bike then shut it off, mine stays on then.

• Pedro Cutillas

Posted October 23, 2011 - 01:06 PM

yes the tuner, yes it shuts down when i connect and it won't start when connected, otherwise it it starts (the tuner) just fine, will try with the bike on, seems bit weird

• jeffdelio

Posted October 25, 2011 - 06:51 PM

I do know that on my bike with the Power Commander 5 installed, when attempting to change the timing map with the factory tuner it would not work. It would shut down as you described. So if you have a PCV that may be your problem. Disconnect all the PCV connectors and re-connected factory harness, tool connects and works fine? Possible CAN bus issue, power supply issue, I dont know?? I wish Dyno Jet would make a Ignition module for the 450F that would interface with the Fuel module.

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.