maybe buy a 2010 yz450f?

9 replies to this topic
  • asfasasu3

Posted October 21, 2011 - 12:20 PM

I was looking around the locol yamaha dealer and i seen 2 brand new 2010's sittin in the corner. they said they would make me a good deal if i wanted 2 trade. i got an 07 450 and was wondering if it would be a very good deal. i dont know wat the price would be my bike has a lexx slip on but it has a torqued front fender other than that it is fairly nice. any thoughts would be nice... thanks

• dalonar

Posted October 21, 2011 - 07:08 PM

if you can swing it money wise, do it. You will never look back!

• asfasasu3

Posted October 22, 2011 - 08:35 AM

do they have any major flaws with the feul injection, motor, supension etc...

• tech24

Posted October 22, 2011 - 10:23 AM

Nope!

Tend to be a little stall happy if you consider that a major flaw

• thestuz

Posted October 23, 2011 - 02:23 AM

they are jerky on/off compared to carb.
they dont have much topend but the power on these things does rip.
suspension is good.
just do it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzf4fiddy789

Posted October 23, 2011 - 04:08 AM

Going riding today for the first time on mine. Bought a 2010 yesterday its doesn't seem to have been rode much. came with full Dr. D and extra sprockets. I cant wait.

• yzf4fiddy789

Posted October 23, 2011 - 05:55 PM

I love this bike.

• Stu2

Posted October 23, 2011 - 09:33 PM

They are great! Had my first real ride yesterday, I love the power, I have a large carcas (102kg) so its perfect,

The throttle jerk is not as bad as I thought, and it feels as light or heavy as my 250f

The stock susp needs some work for me, I found the forks dive a lot, and skip and deflect over small rocks and square edge, the shock is good, I need a stiffer spring , and I am going to install the pro circuit longer linkage arm, apparently this lowers the rear slightly which balances the bike out better

• YamaLink

Posted October 24, 2011 - 05:17 AM

The 2007 is a nice bike but will not even come close to turning/handling the tighter stuff like the 2008+ all things being equal.
The 2010 does improve dramatically with a new suspension link. Takes away the nervous skipping on high-speed braking bumps and lets it settle in ruts better. If you are on the border of needing a heavier spring with the stock setup consider a heavier spring with an aftermarket link to achieve proper race and free sag AND then reset sag.

• grunkthump

Posted October 31, 2011 - 11:42 AM

what dealers have new 10's leftover in the midwest??!! prices??

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.