Pivot works linkage bearing kit for 06 yz450f

2 replies to this topic
  • BMuu

Posted October 20, 2011 - 04:32 PM

I just got my linkage bearing kit in the mail today only to realize they will not fit in my 06 yz450f. It clearly says they are for the 06-08 yz450f on the box.

Their kit came with 4 bearing of the correct size and 2 that are a bit larger that don't fit anywhere in my linkage. I should have received 6 bearings of the same size.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am pretty :thumbsup: at the situation since I need to have this bike together and there are no Yamaha dealers in my area forcing me to buy stuff online and wait for shipping.

So now I'm out $75 in bearings that will not fit, I contacted pivot works about the problem but haven't heard back.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BMuu

Posted October 21, 2011 - 09:22 AM

Talked to pivot works and there must have been a confusion with the changes through the years of Yamahas linkage sizing.

They are sending me out replacment bearings that will fit.

I'm guessing I am the first one replacing the bearings in an 06, the OEM ones were actually working fine but when I tore them down for a regrease I noticed that the lip was broken on 2 of them so I decided to replace them.

• shrubitup

Posted October 21, 2011 - 09:38 AM

Glad PW is stepping up. BTW, a Yamaha dealer located next door won't help. They never carry any OEM parts in stock.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.