Why I bought a Yamaha

1 reply to this topic
  • DC_Excitement

Posted October 19, 2011 - 07:20 PM

I have a crazy red neck cousin. he bought a 01 yz250f lighly used on 01. He always beat the piss out of the bike, only raced a few times but he did alot of track riding and trail riding. You may call him a gone rider but he really hammered on the bike. i wish we installed an hour meter on the bike but during the warm seasons we would ride at the least twice a week, he would only clean the air filter once a year. he would change the oil once a year also, and one year he took the old used oil out of my bike and put it in his.

to this day, ive seen the bike flip down clifts, ( we ride at a localy quarry and hes insane and trys to climb them) and float down rivers. THE BIKE STILL STARTS FIRST KICK TODAY! And the engine has never been opend. not even to check the valves, still has the orginal spark plug.

A freak bike? maybe so but ive had luck with my yamahas also:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted October 20, 2011 - 08:06 AM

Jayzus, sounds like he knows how to beat on a bike!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.