Can anyone recommend a good place to send a FCR for service?

2 replies to this topic
  • zz3gmc

Posted October 18, 2011 - 05:03 PM

I have a low hour 02 YZ426 thats been sitting for about 6 years and the carb is gummed up. Also alot of crust in there! I want to send it out and have it serviced and have some of the popular mods done to it. I heard Zip Ty Racing is a good place to send it, anybody have any experiance with them? Any other places?
Thanks, Rob

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ426_F

Posted October 18, 2011 - 06:19 PM

No local dealerships/shops in NJ that can service it for you? Be sure to clean the tank, rebuild the fuel petcock and clean replace all the fuel lines. I hear far to often someone service there carb, fill the bike up with fresh gas that pushes dirt from the lines back into the carb and clogs it again.
As bad as ethanol fuel is these days, learning how to service your own carb is a must.

• Snarfie

Posted October 19, 2011 - 04:59 AM

learning how to service your own carb is a must.

I agree with everything he just said. Make sure you replace all your fuel lines, clean the petcock REALLY well, and clean out the tank. I have wasted a couple hours cleaning carbs before, just to have crud from the tank get sucked back in again, 10 seconds after starting it up.

FCR's are among the most complicated carbs out there, but they aren't impossible to work on. Take the carb off and strip it yourself man. They are very easy to clean, and pretty self explanatory once you open it up.

FCR information is ALL OVER the 'net. I'd take the time to do it yourself, so you actually know whats going on with your carb, if you run into trouble again.

Its really not that hard man, you can definetly do it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.