Lower oil outlet threads

2 replies to this topic
  • luvmythumper

Posted July 09, 2001 - 10:29 AM

I think I stripped/broke the helicoil that hold the hose in place that drains oil from the frame into the lower engine case. I was tightening the bolt and it spun. I removed it and inspected the case. It looks like a helicoil is used, it did not look like the case had been threaded. Does anyone know for sure if this is a helicoil or had a similiar problem? How hard is it to replace a helicoil?

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Glen_T

Posted July 09, 2001 - 07:47 PM

The job isn't bad, and the results seem to be better than stock! The heilicoil kit is expensive though. I striped the lower bolt on the oil filter cover (the drain bolt) and had no trouble repairing it. I had to pull the side case off, but you shouldn't have to. Drill carefully, and measure the depth that you need to drill so you can mark your bit before you drill. Going it too far could be a bit of a problem. Good luck

GLEN

• nozzlejockey

Posted July 12, 2001 - 06:16 PM

Drain your oil and flush your case with some cheap oil. I am currently doing a $1000.00 rebuild because of a small piece of wire that ended up in my oil pump and exploded the internal rotor. Now I need a piston,cylinder,oil pump, and rod, which will require the cases being split. :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.