headlight bulb

3 replies to this topic
  • cameronb928

Posted October 16, 2011 - 08:56 PM

so my bulb was fried when i got my wr 450 5 mounts ago an just got around to put a new on in i never ride at night so it wasent big deal but when i look at the bulb its two filament bulb but i dont have a switch to change from high to low beam is there one or am i just crazy?
thanks in advance cameron.

• ArcticWR400

Posted October 16, 2011 - 11:34 PM

if its a stock setup then no, you don't, just hook up the low beam (in my experience, the high-beams are usually aimed too high, but your lense may be better positioned than my polisport one) unless of course you want it as a (see and be seen" trail safety thing, in which case rig up teh high beam, other riders will see you easier.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BAHeron

Posted October 17, 2011 - 11:11 AM

so my bulb was fried when i got my wr 450 5 mounts ago an just got around to put a new on in i never ride at night so it wasent big deal but when i look at the bulb its two filament bulb but i dont have a switch to change from high to low beam is there one or am i just crazy?
thanks in advance cameron.

There's no wire going to the high-beam side of that bulb. If you need a light (for safety) just take the plug apart and swap the low-beam wire with the high-beam wire, assuming half the bulb works still. An 06' Ford F-250/350 bulb will work also. I put a silver star bulb in my 06. Same bulb.

• cameronb928

Posted October 17, 2011 - 02:37 PM

ok cool thanks guys!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.